Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263132333435363738 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    OMG - I've just discovered something totally cool. If you run the app NoDoze in activated mode (w/o setting screen always on), you can turn the display off while recording and it won't affect the recording. Simply turn the screen back on and stop the recording. That will save battery life for lengthy recordings, among other things...
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teewinot View Post
    I installed through WebOSQuickInstaller and I don't see the app loaded on my phone. Also, when I try to launch my camera the camera icon appears, screen hangs, then flashes from black to the icon again multiple times.

Tried restarting tomcat and nothing changed.

Any ideas?
    same issue as you what did you do here
    i installed with cmd line though
    Last edited by azack; 11/25/2009 at 01:25 AM.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by md1032 View Post
    yes i am...

im using webos quick install

cannot find package org.weosinternals.gstservice.
    I'm having the very same problem. I tried drag and drop and using the "plus" sign. Neither worked. I get the same error.

I followed the instructions exactly as written and I have webosquickinstall 9. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    since i'm total against irc and this was the first post on precorder bump'd to the top.I will put my feedback here(great job now that that's out the way)
    first I think the dev of this app should talk to the dev of no dose and work something out maybe get an if cam running function going
    uhm using the either the power buttin or volume button to record
    speaking of volume I think dan(musicplayerremix) found a undocumented api for volume control wouldn't know if it affects the mic volume
    and I think there should be a sms option limit the file size to 600k plus just rename the .3gp container to an sms acceptable one that could even be a send to sms option
    more to come.....
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tyklip View Post
    I'm having the very same problem. I tried drag and drop and using the "plus" sign. Neither worked. I get the same error.

I followed the instructions exactly as written and I have webosquickinstall 9. Any ideas?
    got it fixed. had to have preware and package manager loaded.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    I had to load it twice with QI, first time I got an error.

Works Great, are you developing it so you can see what your recording on the screen, its had to know what your recording without it.

A++
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipah View Post
    well you can do it one of 2 ways... if you have root access to your pre then you can run these commands:

Code:
    cd /tmp
    wget http://www.whatsfordinners.com/icon/precorder64.png
    mv precorder64.png /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.precorder/icon.png
    OR

Use quickinstall and send a file to /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.precorder/icon.png

then restart luna or the phone
    That worked, except I had to leave the "/icon.png" off the end of the line. Thanks!!
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    files must be .3g2 format and no bigger than 500k
    Mine are over 500K.

I have one thats 34 seconds and 4.82M.
    Great work. Is there a hidden option to bump up the video resolution?
    this is great i want 2 say thank U! this is just in time 4 the holidays! and just 2 think it gets better and soon we will have a full app! Awesome!
    Last edited by Dshowtime718; 11/25/2009 at 07:43 PM. Reason: 4got 2 subscribe
    installed the precorder and now I have no ringer or vibrate on incoming calls!! anybody got any ideas????
    i would like 2 know what settings to be able to send a mms! even if i put .3gp still dont work! please help!
    Quote Originally Posted by tomh1102 View Post
    installed the precorder and now I have no ringer or vibrate on incoming calls!! anybody got any ideas????
    No, everything on my phone seems to be working fine still. It's strange how we all have the same software, and alot of people have problems with things that others dont.
    Quote Originally Posted by md1032 View Post
    is there a way to delete a video without hooking up the pre to usb?
    There is a preware patch for swipe to delete videos. That will work.
    Jesus the uncreated creator - All things came into existence through him, and apart from him not even one thing came into existence. (John 1:3 NWT)

Treo 600 > Treo 650 > PPC6700 > PPC6800 > Touch Diamond > Palm Pre > HTC EVO
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbotmosh View Post
    There is a preware patch for swipe to delete videos. That will work.
    swipe-to-delete-video does delete the video file but it does not completely remove the audio file... if you go to your mp3s do you see any audio files there that were created from your deleted videos?
    I already have 0.2.0. In order to update, do I uninstall Precorder in Preware and reinstall with Quickinstall?
    Quote Originally Posted by cirrusking View Post
    I already have 0.2.0. In order to update, do I uninstall Precorder in Preware and reinstall with Quickinstall?
    No, you follow the instructions on the Precorder wiki page.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Do I run the two bootstrap command lines together or one after the other?
    After running the command lines in Linux in Quickinstall, the Precorder file doesn't update and remains at 0.2.0 and I get this message following entering the command lines:

root@castle: wget http://bit.ly/precorder-bootstrap sh precorder-bootstrap
    Connecting to bit.ly (168.143.174.29:80)
    wget: can't open 'precorder-bootstrap': File exists

Suggestions?
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    run one command at a time