Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 222728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Either way, there will be THIS DOESNT WORK people, and either way there will be the THIS SUCKS people.

Alpha software, allows for testing, opinions, and and idea of what is coming.
    Isn't supposed to or expected to be perfect, just a concept.
    Quote Originally Posted by mellisnj View Post
    Will be joining the Don't Hate! Donate! Campaign.
    I'll go you one better

don't hate, help make it great!, donate, reduce* the wait! orange

* does not actually mean that you will wait any less
    Last edited by windzilla; 11/21/2009 at 07:25 PM.
    Haters stop. I thought we were here to learn, test, donate and support developers. Release it and we will try it.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ohenebajoy View Post
    Haters stop. I thought we were here to learn, test, donate and support developers. Release it and we will try it.
    amen brother amen, we just want to see the work and test it out
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    ill even test out a pre alpha app if that exists
  6. ird
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    You can follow what's going on with it...

http://git.webosinternals.org/?p=app....git;a=summary
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You can follow progress on git.webos-internals.org ...

-- Rod
    for those in the want some thing now crowd go to the link posted if the commit is up to date then your not missing much(not saying the work isn't great but its barebones)
    with little copy paste you can have it open-source(no as simple as mention but if you cant code then this is a little to alpha for you )
    looks like there is a custom gstreamer(patch type problems with updates and the like)though but you will like the video and audio encoding options
    you don't have to be a master programer to figure out what the program is doing so i would suggest even if your not brave enough to install it you atleast check it out
    i skimmed through it and haven't had a chance to play with it yet(phone or emulator wise) so copy the code at your own risk and make sure to report bugs if you are adventurous enough to try it
    Oh and let all the authors know their doing a great job
  8. ird
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    <zsoc> So I have a working video camera application.
    * kmax12 has quit (Read error: 60 (Operation timed out))
    <ird> hooray!
    <jjones> o rly?
    <zsoc> o rly
    <entity-> nice man
    <zsoc> srsly
    <entity-> can i beta test
    <zsoc> lol
    <zsoc> yeah, it might break your phone
    <entity-> why
    <zsoc> plus i update the service every... 4-5 minutes. I don't want bad copies floating around. let me get the script run method a little more stable
    <zsoc> er.. i'm having a _small_ problem with ... repeating processes.. not a huge deal, i'll work out the kinks
    and

<zsoc> Well right now it's pretty bare bones. I'm implementing (er, reimplementing) functions one at a time and working kinks out. There's a severe lack of... information in the app, makes it a little annoying to use.
    <zsoc> I could have an alpha ready.. tomorrow probably. Maybe rod'll throw it in the testing feed
    <zsoc> But I can't "release" even a crappy version till i get stdout/err threaded properly.
    <zsoc> so probably the first week of december when I have a native C service going :P
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    I was poking around the strings in some of the Palm binaries, and ran into some interesting information in the mediaserver binary - have you guys noticed this?

Code:
    VideoCapture
    capture://audio_video?VideoWidth=480&VideoHeight=320&VideoFPS=30
    VideoFormat=H264&VideoWidth=320&VideoHeight=240&VideoPixelFormat=422&VideoBitrate=64000&VideoFPS=30
    demuxVideoStreamBitrate
    demuxAudioStreamBitrate
    ...etc... (you can see it all by typing 'strings /usr/bin/mediaserver | more)

-mark
    Wow. You guys are doing some incredible work. A potential release date in the first week of december? That is great.

Palm, with only ~1000 employees, should be thanking all of you developers, for making the WebOS experience the way it is (or can be) today.
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    I was poking around the strings in some of the Palm binaries, and ran into some interesting information in the mediaserver binary - have you guys noticed this?

Code:
    VideoCapture
    capture://audio_video?VideoWidth=480&VideoHeight=320&VideoFPS=30
    VideoFormat=H264&VideoWidth=320&VideoHeight=240&VideoPixelFormat=422&VideoBitrate=64000&VideoFPS=30
    demuxVideoStreamBitrate
    demuxAudioStreamBitrate
    ...etc... (you can see it all by typing 'strings /usr/bin/mediaserver | more)

-mark
    Yeah I did notice this. If I'm not mistaken MediaServer is a java service. This capture://video (or audio_video) is a pretty common java api for cell phones. It would still have to interact with the camd native C service somehow to actually support the video (unless this service already supported it prior). I don't claim to be a webos expert. It's not that I don't think it's worth the time to research, but if stuff is stuck up in binaries, there's a good chance they're pretty unusable (there's a reason undocumented api's are undocumented). Or at least unusable in the sense that they are difficult to debug.
    You all are great. You guys have inspired me to learn how to develope for webos.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    When you guys finish this, I highly recommend that your next project should be a cure for cancer. I've read the thread and it is all the evidence I need to be convinced that you guys can do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by phee68 View Post
    When you guys finish this, I highly recommend that your next project should be a cure for cancer. I've read the thread and it is all the evidence I need to be convinced that you guys can do it.
    +1
    Treo 700wx > Treo 755p > Treo 800w > IPhone 3g > Treo Pro > Palm Pre
    Those following @webosinternals on twitter would have seen some news by now ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    just downloaded it on my pre. Will begin testing...
    My first theme - Mac OSX Theme Gallery or Pre Themer

Learn how to run your pre at 800mhz Here!
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Hey guys just installed the recorder and amazing work! Here's something I noticed you may or may not already know about it:
    when i press start recording the first one doesn't show in the video list this is everytime I run the app not just at first run
    The audio is a little low also playing on the pre i could barely hear the sound not sure if this is something that can be easily fixed with the tools you have but hey you've done wonders for us pre users and it can only get better!
    Any chance of an audio only option? Voice recorder would be cool if you could save an mp3 only.
    Either way you guys rock.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    help... i can't install the gstservice... i just get and ERROR