Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 212627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MWKpre View Post
    the only question i have is the estimated time frame for this patch/ app to be available. (not trying to be unthankfull just really anxious to see all this hard work!)
    You can follow progress on git.webos-internals.org ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Cant Wait To Try It, I Also Will Be Donating to the Homies that made this happend thank you so much
    so how much longer are they thinking? any guesses?
    get ready ur wallets to donate for the great app coming soon!

thanks developers!
    So does this video application work on the palm pre?
    There is no "application" at this time.

If you read back over the thread you will find a way of piecing together things is such a way as to record video via the command line.....on the Pre.

Quote Originally Posted by shannonm09 View Post
    So does this video application work on the palm pre?
    will be donating to all developers that helped make this, thank u all for all your hard work and time.
    Treo 700wx > Treo 755p > Treo 800w > IPhone 3g > Treo Pro > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    There is no "application" at this time.

If you read back over the thread you will find a way of piecing together things is such a way as to record video via the command line.....on the Pre.
    Actually there is an application It can be followed on the webos-internals git, as mentioned by rwhitby. If you wish to be a part of development, and have knowledge of java services or mojo / webos applications, or if you just want to be available for testing, please join #webos-internals on the freenode irc network.

At the moment the version of the application and service are non functioning, but changes are being made every day to update functionality and quality. Public beta releases will be made once the framework is found to be safe and functional.
    Yes, yes...by application I was referring to something that shannonm09 could download and install currently as I was assuming that was what she was looking for.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Video Recorder you say?
    Quote Originally Posted by a1hildeb View Post

Video Recorder you say?
    Yes. I think that it may have been mentioned once or twice in the 600 posts of this thread.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    My 'Orly' pic link got broken then maybe you might have gotten my sarcasm/excitement
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by a1hildeb View Post
    My 'Orly' pic link got broken then maybe you might have gotten my sarcasm/excitement
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    still anxiously waiting for the tweet from precentral that says "Homebrew Video recording app now available" sigh
    At this point, we're not interested in releasing a sub-par application with poor functionality and backend issues (particularly memory leaks and unwanted camd interaction).

I may consider releasing an "alpha" version with very limited functionality, once we get everything stable. This version would not be completely representative of the final product, but will work as a simple video camera. A limited functionality version would allow an earlier release for those who are waiting.

A full release, up to my specifications, will probably not be available till the first week of December, and even if I can hit this deadline, there will be many other upgrades I will be looking into up until Palm releases their official camera. I am counting on other developers to get involved once the project becomes a reality. It is difficult for me to be the driving force when I have other obligations, including a full 6 day work week.

The hope is, that by the time that Palm releases their official app (or patch), this application will offer more options and be more effective, AND I can start work on my second project (which will hopefully prove to be much simpler), which will also be media related.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Will be joining the Don't Hate! Donate! Campaign.
    Release anything, ANYTHING!
    Quote Originally Posted by dhMassacre View Post
    Release anything, ANYTHING!
    Release the hounds!
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Release the hounds!
    Meh, I was going along the lines of releasing a video recording app, but well played Jason, well played.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Release the hounds!

Back on topic. No, I don't think Prenosicator should release just anything. Inevitably, people who just don't understand that its alpha software will begin flooding this post with "It don't work! HELP!" and "This sucks. FAIL.". Trying to answer stuff like that would just suck time away from development.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().