Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 192425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by eggroks View Post
    ok gotta question developers. now since 1.3.1 is out. do you have any idea as an estimated time frame we can see a app or a patch out ? i know you guys are working on it and I and others appreciate that fully. but i need a time frame..anything i can do to help or donate let me know.(not trying to rush anyone but just want to know)
    I just added two new source code repositories related to this to git.webos-internals.org ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    got one question..whats all that mean? are you close?lol
    Quote Originally Posted by eggroks View Post
    got one question..whats all that mean? are you close?lol
    well, I've been working with Zsoc of WebOS-Internals the past few days, and just tonight I gave him the first build of the new service, now called GstService. Full details are under wraps out of courtesy to Zsoc.

The GstService is MIT license and with be up on git soon. Won't say much else, but once its ready for public consumption, you'll hear about it on PreCentral front page
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    well, I've been working with Zsoc of WebOS-Internals the past few days, and just tonight I gave him the first build of the new service, now called GstService. Full details are under wraps out of courtesy to Zsoc.

The GstService is MIT license and with be up on git soon. Won't say much else, but once its ready for public consumption, you'll hear about it on PreCentral front page
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Have you read the thread?
    ???

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmcc View Post
    ???
    basically the first reply was about the thread having a long and difficult way of making this happen, and that a simple patch solution was not possible.

the second from Jason is new and different than when the other reply was made because 1.3.1 changed the game in regards to video. basically palm as included code in the recent update that makes things much simpler, and amenable to a simple patch/app

simple is relative, however, but luckily we have a home brew team thats second to none.
    There are four lights.
    I just saw on precentral's front page that new binaries are included with webOS 1.3.1 for video recording. Does this help/change what you're all working on?
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    wow you couldn't have read the five posts above yours
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    I just saw on precentral's front page that new binaries are included with webOS 1.3.1 for video recording. Does this help/change what you're all working on?
    Yep, that's what we''ve been working with. I've had the 1.3.1 for a while as I was in the beta group
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    man this is awesome, so apparently palm does listen and at least they laid some groundwork for video which makes me think they are working on a camcorder app just didnt want to wait to finish it before they brought out this release!!
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
    I cant wait for this to be a reality. Palm does have the best home brewers around. keep up the great work. Question does the update (1.3.1) have any effect on the current video recorder app?
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    yes
    Any chance the video recorder app whenever it's done can include a audio-only recording feature too, for voice memos?
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Any chance the video recorder app whenever it's done can include a audio-only recording feature too, for voice memos?
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jason robitaille View Post
    well, i've been working with zsoc of webos-internals the past few days, and just tonight i gave him the first build of the new service, now called gstservice. Full details are under wraps out of courtesy to zsoc.

The gstservice is mit license and with be up on git soon. Won't say much else, but once its ready for public consumption, you'll hear about it on precentral front page
    Jason... I LOVE YOU...
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    There _is_ an audio only feature, but it's currently implemented poorly (ie, it works, but it still muxes the audio in a .mp4 or .3gp container). I suppose in the future I could add that as an option (.mp3 or .wav file extension), but it will involve restructuring the core pipeline a bit.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    who should donate to when this is released

because it sounds like this was a team effort
    you can count on me!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by franky_402 View Post
    man this is awesome, so apparently palm does listen ...
    My interpretation is different. I don't think that it says anything about Palm listening. It just means that they have reached video camera on their own list of things to do with their limited resources.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    My interpretation is different. I don't think that it says anything about Palm listening. It just means that they have reached video camera on their own list of things to do with their limited resources.
    it's odd honestly, they've had these binaries for awhile (i think june), as it seems they were written by consultants during late webos development. their choice of timing to release them is a bit odd. I suppose, in theory, they could release the binaries and then offer the patch/app in the app store (like the facebook app), but right now their camd media daemon doesn't seem to be able to handle video recording (I can't find an EOS function, unless it's hiding somewhere).

I suppose we should stay open to the small possibility that they are slowly including resources they have, but aren't using (yet), in response to developer feedback. Either way, I say don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Palm has seemed nothing but gracious when it comes to the homebrew and developer community.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prenosicator View Post
    but right now their camd media daemon doesn't seem to be able to handle video recording (I can't find an EOS function, unless it's hiding somewhere).
    So does this mean the homebrew community (incl. webOS Internals) is NOT close to having a video recording app? Does it mean it's still not yet possible? Or just that it's not yet possible/easy for Palm themselves to put an app out there with the OS as-is? (Or something else entirely? hehe)

/Kevin