Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 182324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    I guess for now i'm gonna make some silent vid rec, i wonder how to change it to black and white.

J/K, hey good work, so far trying to get sounds but no luck yet!
    Just subscribing to this thread, believing that Palm will more than likely NOT be providing us with a video recorder with 1.3.1.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    Just subscribing to this thread, believing that Palm will more than likely NOT be providing us with a video recorder with 1.3.1.
    lol... They might 'tho... Not instantly as an update for the pre but probably for the Pixi first... They gotta sell the pixi... Something needs to be better and newer than the pre...
    Now that 1.3.1 is out we can see if they changed any of the tools at the Linux level. Hopefully we can get an app out soon. I am going to spend more time on this now that 1.3.1 it out.

Stay tuned guys!
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    WebOS 1.3.1 has sufficient Linux binaries already on the device to do video recording which is compatible for playback with the stock video player without any patches required.

More info to come later.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    WebOS 1.3.1 has sufficient Linux binaries already on the device to do video recording which is compatible for playback with the stock video player without any patches required.

More info to come later.

-- Rod
    Thanks Rod!
    way to ruin the surprise rod

Palm did us a big favor here, ftw.

Also, it seems the camd service has been updated with a few interesting (and thusfar unused and unaccessable) functions to control led brightness, and something called "strobe", which I can only assume what it does...
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

More info to come later.

-- Rod
    Awesome. Now to figure out if that flashminiplugin.so is more than a placeholder.
    I see the palmmpeg4mux tool when doing a gst-inspect.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by Prenosicator View Post
    Palm did us a big favor here, ftw.
    I'm assuming they did it for a future camcorder app of their own ;-)

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    WOO HOO! Exciting
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    so would all of these make it easier to have vidrec app with live preview
    Just to let everyone know, the audio sync problems we are seeing with the old setup is most likely because we were muxing a h.264 video stream and AAC audio stream into an avi container. The avi container was never built to handle h.264 which is probably why the audio is off.

Piping the audio and video streams through the palmmpeg4mux tool should fix this. I am confident we will get a working app that lets you view your recorded video in webOS. The only thing out of my skill set is splitting the video pipe to the display so you can see what you are recording. I am hoping the brilliant folks at webosinternals will be able to get this part going.

This is great stuff. I am predicting a future Engadget post proclaiming to the world we got this working. Thanks to everyone involved for helping the development!
    I don't know what to do with myself. I am so excited. Thanks again for working thru all the complaining and whining. I know this isn't and finished project, but the fact you all are still working on this is real cool.
    WOWEEE. WOW. WOW. WOW.

I guess I won't have to coin the phrase "at a palm's pace" anymore. They look to be doing alright.

... now if they would just come up with a better backup solution [or two] and add an API for the mic... then I'd be in Heaven. Until then... only a B-, Palm.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    can somone make a patch or somthing so that I can at least shoot video without sound??

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmcc View Post
    can somone make a patch or somthing so that I can at least shoot video without sound??
    Have you read the thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Have you read the thread?

He left out, that if you read the entire thread you would have found the link to download the alpha version to do just that... record video without sound...

But you have to do a few things just to see the video, and you can't see it on your Pre.

The easiest is Youtube.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmcc View Post
    Read this page. It'll help you play with it, again, don't expect too much at this point..

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1995687
    ok gotta question developers. now since 1.3.1 is out. do you have any idea as an estimated time frame we can see a app or a patch out ? i know you guys are working on it and I and others appreciate that fully. but i need a time frame..anything i can do to help or donate let me know.(not trying to rush anyone but just want to know)