Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930313237 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    If using Putty, just right-click in the terminal window to paste any text from the clipboard.
    QUESTION: (and I apologize if this has been asked before) but will the activation of the GPU play a role in the efficiency or ability of the video recorder?
    Quote Originally Posted by lolthisismyname View Post
    QUESTION: (and I apologize if this has been asked before) but will the activation of the GPU play a role in the efficiency or ability of the video recorder?
    The short answer is yes, a lot, a ton, and very much so.

The long answer is, decent real-time encoding takes a decent gpu. If your question is "Will the availability of the GPU play a role in _home brew_ media applications?", the answer depends on whether an API is released, or at least the framework is available to developers, or at the _very least_ existing gpu access functionality can be "mimiced" from working Pm code.

For instance, the libPmMediaGstVideoEncLib.so binary is an extremely efficient encoder, and works 50x better/faster than other standard-built encoders I've ported for gst or ffmpeg pipelines. I'm not sure whether it actually has access to the gpu (unlikely) or it's just a very stripped down version of x264 made specifically for h.264/avc encoding, using common headers from the camera driver (it's closed-source, so we may never know). What I _do_ know is the code isn't formed properly for passing working buffer headers.

Anyway, thanks to some poking and prodding / suggestions by some 'ice' gentlemen, I have a working pipeline for a complete on-phone recorder. Just a few kinks to work out here and there.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I hope this all will become a patch or app on preware soon for all of us to try it out... I have no linux background...
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    great job prenosicator, you guys are awesome!
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    any new news prenos. . .
    just wanted to thank all you guys out there putting in the long hours. From what if... To I've got a code that... To look what we can do... Its all very impressive!!! As the saying goes "slow and steady... "

you guys/gals rock!!
    Jose
    any news on this patch and or program. an eta? willing to donate 5 bucks to recieve it sooner than later.
    Quote Originally Posted by eggroks View Post
    any news on this patch and or program. an eta? willing to donate 5 bucks to recieve it sooner than later.
    I think it's safe to say we're waiting a week or two for 1.3.1 to reassess the situation. It's be pointless to put work on various components if they'll be added officially this update
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    shouldnt 1.3.1 be released this upcoming week especially since pixi will be released next sunday? it only makes sense but we will never know with palm. hopefully this update will bring some hope to the pre. i need it. great youtube download patch btw jason.
    hey jason thanks for the update, we sure appreciate all the time and effort being put into this development.
    I'm just here to back up Jason, it looks like everyone should just hold their breath till Sunday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prenosicator View Post
    I'm just here to back up Jason, it looks like everyone should just hold their breath till Sunday.
    Well, THAT certainly will quiet much of the noise around here...

Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    Hey, I was in a sprint store today and one of the reps was telling me that they're officially adding a video recorder on one of phone updates coming up soon.

Has anybody heard anything similar or the contrary?

-Forrest
    Quote Originally Posted by forrestrose View Post
    Hey, I was in a sprint store today and one of the reps was telling me that they're officially adding a video recorder on one of phone updates coming up soon.

Sprint has been saying that same thing since launch.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    My friend went to a Verizon store and the guy there told him that the Hero/Eris was getting Android 2.0 in "less than a month", which as far as I can tell is just BS from what HTC has said.

-Forrest
    hahah you actually believe them they are liers they said that in the 1.2 update and nothing still and yes somebody has to get it done because they will most likly will not have a video recording app.

-Forrest
    maybe u didnt understand well... they mean about the video output is coming in some update!
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    I can't wait any longer...

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    well I'm sure all this would not have been in vain as the experience will serve them well when they put out the remix :-) assuming of course a miracle happens and Palm puts out the vidoe recorder which in all likelihood will not happen

keep up the good work guys and we'll all wait and see what 1.3.1 will bring