Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    awesome news
    Quote Originally Posted by Prenosicator View Post
    I've pm'd ya
    Haha wow that was a mouthfull. Thanks for the clarification! We're all looking forward to anything you can produce.
    Please put this in patches PLEASE!
    I have been reading this forum for sometime and actually have the VideoRec Test app working, without sound of course.

But after reading Prenosicator's message, most of which I personally didn't understand but I got main part of what he was trying to say, I have a question:

If all of you here are working to make the video recorder work as we all want, isn't Palm themselves trying to get this out for us?

Or have I been mislead in some of these threads that try and say Palm is working it, if they are working on why on earth are you guys working so hard yourselves to get it to us?

I am getting the impression, that Palm is not working on this, or doesn't have the time and they are leaving the video recorder up to you guys (and gals, sorry) to produce something?

I personally don't care who does it, and I love watching the development of it happen, but I just find it curious!

Rob
    Last edited by rlanza1054; 10/29/2009 at 02:37 PM. Reason: grammer
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I have been reading this forum for sometime and actually have the VideoRec Test app working, without sound of course.

But after reading Prenosicator's message, most of which I personally didn't understand but I got main part of what he was trying to say, I have a question:

If all here are working to make the video recorder work as we all want, isn't Palm themselves trying to get this out for us?

Or have I been mislead in some of these threads that try and say Palm is working it, if they are working on why on earth are you guy working so hard yourselves to get it to us?

I am getting the impression, that Palm is not working on this, or doesn't have the time and they are leaving the video recorder up to you guys (and gals, sorry) to produce something?

I personally don't care who does it, and I love watching the development of it happen, but I just find it curious!

Rob
    I think most people who are working so hard on this for now think that Palm has much more important things to do before they get this out. Honestly, I don't really expect the official video recorder until sometime next year (sooner would be a pleasant surprise) so a solution like this in the meantime would be great.
    Palm is most definitely working on this. There's a big difference between some homebrew hobbyists "hacking together" an app vs. Palm actually "doing it right", with proper support and development. The latter is a very long and winding road that would take a group of people and a lot of hours. I'm sure it's on their list, in fact i'm sure they are working on it. I'm no Palm expert, but I can tell you if I was the manufacturer, with limited resources, there are other more important things that would be happening right now. My guess for Palm video recoder release is late Q2-Q3 2010.

Edit: Besides, after they release their official app / service(s) / drivers and plugins, I'll be MORE interested to hack it... different resolution and format support, etc
    WISH program you use to open the ipk because i go to find the file and i dont see the programs
    Quote Originally Posted by elgordokbron View Post
    WISH program you use to open the ipk because i go to find the file and i dont see the programs
    WebOS Quick Install, found here. Though keep in mind the current ipk files posted are very rough, almost certainly causes issues, and is not for people who do like getting their hands dirty
    wish program you use for add the zip it for webos quick intal because i cant put the IPK
    yea but i need help to instal the camcorder option
    you realize it currently produced flawed videos that have no sound and aren't playable in 99% video players, right?
    You understand that this isn't a polished application, right? It's a command line utility that makes a video file that is assembled by luck as much as anything else.

If you have to ask what to do it's likly not for you at this point in time.

no you dont understand my i dont seak really good english i am from puerto rico.... i download the zip of the camcorder them i try to put in WebOS Quick Instal and i cant because the IPK not reconising any program i see a video on you tube and the two people i see on the video the two guys have a program not WebOS \other to open IPK programs and reconiside thems
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    you realize it currently produced flawed videos that have no sound and aren't playable in 99% video players, right?

But, I wants it... I needs it!
    the proram is like a dog
    no you dont understand my i dont seak really good english i am from puerto rico.... i download the zip of the camcorder them i try to put in WebOS Quick Instal and i cant because the IPK not reconising any program i see a video on you tube and the two people i see on the video the two guys have a program not WebOS \other to open IPK programs and reconiside thems
    lo q tienes q hacer es extraer el zip a otro folder en tu pc y ponerlo por ejm en el desktop para q sea facil encontrarlo... luego usas el programa q sea de tu preferecia para instalar ipk's cuando , busques el ipk busca en el nuevo folder q creastes y ahi estara e instalalo pero mucho cuidado q ipks puede causar problemas si no lo sabes instalar correctamente y el ipk del camcorder esta usado para tests y no para instalacion publica!
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    this may be a dumb question but I'll ask anyway, is there anyway to run the video recording commands that are used to run videorectest in the terminal app
  19. ird
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Yes.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    is there any way to paste into terminal