Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dschreiber View Post
    I just got a Pre. I download the zip file. Curious how to install this? Preware is mentioned in he above thread.
    Get to reading buddy.and good luck with ur new pre.
    I have tried putting the video ipk on my phone but it gives me an error reading file...can anyone tell me why? Thanks so much
    Quote Originally Posted by blaqque View Post
    I have tried putting the video ipk on my phone but it gives me an error reading file...can anyone tell me why? Thanks so much
    2.7 has issues...use 2.6 or earlier versions
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

is there an updated version of the ipk i dont know about? i just know about the zip file on the 6th page..???
    Im sorry if im bothering andyone but could any one tell me where i can get the 2.6 file since the 2.7 has issues?
    What file do we download so the video will have sound? and has anyone aheived playback on the pre yet?
    Right now everything is just a proof of concept. You aren't going to get anything worthwhile from this.

Give it time. We need to wrap the video and audio streams into a mp4 container for it to play on the Pre.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    lets hear some updates if there are any
    not sure in anyone knows but the videos you take store in the music icon in the launcher under artists/unknown artist the very bottom
    Just to let those know, that I have figure out an easy way to watch my videos. It's already been mentioned here.

I took a few of the videos that I took, random settings, and then just uploaded all the videos to Youtube, in my account.

I gotta say, the video is so clear and very very sharp!

No sound of course.

My next step to truly be careful when taking a video and see what buttons are able to capture and which don't do anything.

I do know most of this testing has already been done, but I figure it doesn't hurt to someone else just test it out.

I will be coming back and a detail write up of that buttons produced what if any.

Since YouTube was the easiest to make work, I will upload all file to them, and let them convert them on the fly and see what we get.

Thanks!

Rob

PS I know a lot of work is going on in the background, and just wanted to thank all that are putting there sweat and labor into this project!
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

When Installing the test video app, I keep getting a "Error reading control file" error. I Hit OK and it finishes installing, but when I hit the "ON" button, the "Record" button never lights up, Alt 1 gives an Invalid Command error, and Alt 2 doesn't do anything. I'm really excited to see this working. Can you maybe repackage it? Thanks a lot. Bryan
    to be honest, if we could get this working, with gui, playback, and upload to youtube, i would pay good money for that
    Quote Originally Posted by benellbm View Post
    When Installing the test video app, I keep getting a "Error reading control file" error. I Hit OK and it finishes installing, but when I hit the "ON" button, the "Record" button never lights up, Alt 1 gives an Invalid Command error, and Alt 2 doesn't do anything. I'm really excited to see this working. Can you maybe repackage it? Thanks a lot. Bryan
    First start your camera app. Then start your Recorder app. Hit start on your recorder app. You will not see it start. It just will. There is no preview either. In fact if you press on, the L.E.D. light will turn on. When you hit record it will turn off, you can be sure it started when that happens. To stop the recorder. Don't bother with the stop button, it doesn't work. Just go back to your camera app, swipe it off, then turn it on again. That will stop the recorder. There will be no indication of that. To watch your video, you need to download SMplayer or upload it to youtube to convert it to be watched. This app is not even close to finished yet, so if you are not good with your handheld, then forget about trying it. This app is for people to test and help out with any info that my be useful so we can make it work. If you need more info, start reading.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Right now everything is just a proof of concept. You aren't going to get anything worthwhile from this.

Give it time. We need to wrap the video and audio streams into a mp4 container for it to play on the Pre.
    Again, I was able to get sound on my recording also, but the frame rate runs 3 times faster than the sound.
    In this video, the video speeds through before all the sound is played.
    Damn I wish i was a developer so I can help you guys out..
    Thanks for all the work you guys are putting into this..

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1932647

Last edited by acherry; 10/10/2009 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Link didnt work
    hopefully palm releasing something similar to this
    Quote Originally Posted by acherry View Post
    Again, I was able to get sound on my recording also, but the frame rate runs 3 times faster than the sound.
    In this video, the video speeds through before all the sound is played.
    Damn I wish i was a developer so I can help you guys out..
    Thanks for all the work you guys are putting into this..

[URL]

[url= - Pre test[/url]
    Yes but the audio is being wraped into an avi container which the Pre can't play. Plus it is not a good idea to put an h264 video stream in an avi container.

Once we have a working mp4 mux tool and piping to the display working we will have a real beta app.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Yes but the audio is being wraped into an avi container which the Pre can't play. Plus it is not a good idea to put an h264 video stream in an avi container.

Once we have a working mp4 mux tool and piping to the display working we will have a real beta app.
    Oh.. :-?

lol..
    for the apps you think it will be easier to create one
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Attached is the updated zip with the fixed videocam service ipk
    I'm a little new with the pre so could you tell me how to upload it onto my Pre?
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jordanuv View Post
    I'm a little new with the pre so could you tell me how to upload it onto my Pre?
    right now theres just a test app that you can install. But it doesnt work very well. I would wait till theres a solid version instead of installing the available test ipk.