Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #21  
    Coming soon: a webOS app using Prelease to start/stop video recordings. See the webos internals wiki research page on videorecording if you'd like to assist.

Illl setup a subversion repository with what I have thus far later this evening.
    Fantastic!
    nifty.. so this is the pipe that calls camd.

camd appears to be a daemon written/compiled by Palm to control the camera feed. I tried sending the camd to the background and trying various stop commands to the daemon... didnt work
    Let me know where to find the svn trunk when its available. Wish i had found this a couple weeks ago when i had nothing to do...
  4.    #24  
    SVN up at: Revision 3: /camcorder
    username: default
    password: default

Not a whole hell of a lot there currently. vidStop.sh doesn't seem to be properly killing the gst-launch proc.

Relies on Prelease (included with Flashlight App!) so you may want to install that first.
    To add audio, it looks like you need some combination of queue and muxout. I haven't had enough time to try anything out though, sorry.
    This is the WEIRDEST demo video I've ever seen in my entire life. Respect!
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
    Anyone figure out how to up the res? Not sure if it would be a switch on the camera command or the encoder.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  8.    #28  
    In the mediaInit file it says the camera driver only works at 480x320, this is when it calls the capture:// service for the still camera preview frame...I would hope we should be able to pull higher res straight from the source...though perhaps not.
    Can't wait til you guru's get this accomplished. Looks promising! I just started a few days ago learning how to root. I got the whole copy and paste down pat, lol. Not so much on editing any files on the pre itself. Not firmilar at all with linux.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    looks sweet great job
    It's so great to see this kind of brainstorming between devs! I love it! Great job guys at finally giving a real effort to unlock the pre's vid rec capabilities.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    is there something we can do to help?...donate to help outzzzzzzz
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    From this post:
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1787326 includes this link: http://www.arm.com/community/display...roductId/3609/

IVA™ 2+ (Image Video Audio) accelerator enables multi-standard (MPEG4, WMV9, RealVideo, H263, H264) encode/decode at D1 (720x480 pixels) 30 fps
    It would appear that the best possible resolution will be at 720x480@30fps encoding in hardware. It may be possible to get a higher res but I doubt the ARM CPU will be able to software encode anything useful.
    720x480 is def the res I would like to see. This is standrd DVD res, plus it 1ups the 3GS.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Use splayer to watch the videos until we can find a way to make it format to play SMPlayer - Downloads
    is there anything new on this??
    I am looking into making my own gstreamer plugin, but I have very very little experience with C. It seems like it will be a cleaner method than trying to hijack the existing pipeline streaming the camera feed.

currently really busy with my day job for at least the next 4 weeks so wont really be able to get started anytime in the immediate future
    How late was it when you recorded that video. quality looks decent, but not exactly the best first sample lol. progress is great thoe! keep up the good work.
    Hey how to install video cam???
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    No installable yet!
Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast