Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    The ipk file for the camcorder still work with 1.2 update.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acherry View Post
    Okay, last post.
    I found an app that is able to read the video and convert it to a usable format. It can even change the orientation.. And thus far,, it's free.. Go figure..
    Video Editing Software - Edit Videos, AVI, Movies and Add Music
    This app is also available from within Prism; just look for the toolbox icon. It'll open a dialog with loads of options, including this one..
    Enjoy..
    Prism WILL convert these files, it is what I am using. Also, you can use Windows Live Movie Maker to rotate the video.
    You can also (I think you know this) to YouTube, let it convert for you and then download the converted file. Should play on pretty much anything.

A note about Live Movie Maker: it has quite a few special effects as well as the ability to add a music/audio soundtrack. The app is free and you can get it from the Windows Live website.
    I just want to say thank you all for your work on this app. I've tried it and it looks very promising. I just want to remind people not to get too excited yet when trying to download this app. Expect problems! With that said, I've tried this app, loved it and now I have taken it off and I will wait for a more user friendly version. I wish I knew more about software development so I could help, but for now I'll just help test this app and have fun with it. Thank you again for all of your hard work. The Palm community is exactly why I love Palm devices.
    with almost 30,000 views you know this is a feature people can't wait to get their hands on.....hopefully we'll get an update soon!
    The light feature of this app is great. It's a much better idea than using the screen as a light. I'm using it as a backup flashlight for when my power goes out. Of course we shouldn't use it too much or we will have to keep replacing our bulbs from our Pre's, but great for when you really need a light in a pinch.
  6. ird
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenlkl@yahoo.com View Post
    The light feature of this app is great. It's a much better idea than using the screen as a light. I'm using it as a backup flashlight for when my power goes out. Of course we shouldn't use it too much or we will have to keep replacing our bulbs from our Pre's, but great for when you really need a light in a pinch.
    Why don't you just use the flashlight app? It also uses the flash as a light.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ird View Post
    Seriously, flashlight apps... my Pre screen is at minimum brightness and when I'm in pitch darkness it lights up the entire room when I open the Messaging app. Is it really necessary to have an application for a flashlight? It's always sounded stupid to me.
    com.drhouse.lupus
    Quote Originally Posted by yokken View Post
    Seriously, flashlight apps... my Pre screen is at minimum brightness and when I'm in pitch darkness it lights up the entire room when I open the Messaging app. Is it really necessary to have an application for a flashlight? It's always sounded stupid to me.
    I agree, flashlight apps that use the screen are stupid.

But the screen as a flashlight can't really compare to using the camera flash led as a flashlight. It really is a lot better, you should give it a try.
    Hats off to you Jason. Keep up the good work. Quality is good. Everything that you need to know has already been said. This app saves me the work of snapping multiple pictures and creating an animated gif.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I was sceptical of the (camera) flash light app also. But wow, it really does work well..
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Attached is the updated zip with the fixed videocam service ipk
    Could you give written instructions...on how to use this file..and all steps to take from beginning to end. Thank you in advance. BTW this is very cool indeed
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    yes i have it on my phone to but dont know how to us it rit
    I agree that the Pre has a very bright light, but me and this girl went to this park to find a neckless that her brother gave her. It was at night! I used the screen full brightness, but it wasn't any match for the parks darkness. I used to light from my flash and it lit up much better on that ground. And, yes we found her shark tooth neckless.
    Quote Originally Posted by ird View Post
    This is great! Thanks for the tip!
    cant wait to try it out
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenlkl@yahoo.com View Post
    I agree that the Pre has a very bright light, but me and this girl went to this park to find a neckless that her brother gave her. It was at night! I used the screen full brightness, but it wasn't any match for the parks darkness. I used to light from my flash and it lit up much better on that ground. And, yes we found her shark tooth neckless.
    cool story bro
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Prenosicator View Post
    cool story bro
    Best post I've ever seen on a forum. You win, good sir.
    com.drhouse.lupus
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I just did
    Code:
    sudo -i
    followed by
    Code:
    FILE="`date +%m`_`date +%d`_`date +%y`_`date +%H`_`date +%M`_`date +%S`.mp4"
    gst-launch camsrc ! palmvideoencoder ! avimux name=mux ! filesink location=/media/internal/$FILE alsasrc ! mulawenc ! mux.
    all in one line in Terminal via SSH and it successfully recorded WITH sound! Running 1.1, rooted.

EDIT: Video with sound! Framerate is too fast though. h t t p : / / youtube dot com/watch?v=xBup0VduriM
    I too was able to record sound, but the framerate was way too fast. So yeah, the code works (sorta), but seems to only work when run as a separate script.

Also, the audio was mono, but I think that can't be fixed because of the mic on the phone.

Thanks again..
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    great post
    did someone work on GUI?