Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Can i please know step by step how to take a video and how to watch it???
    Read this post: http://forums.precentral.net/1925010-post288.html

Then to watch download SMPlayer, hook your Pre up and choose USB Mode, find the file that has numbers as the file name and play with SMPlayer.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    i Know how to do this i have it installed already but i ust need to know how to start the video where do i go?????
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    Read this post: http://forums.precentral.net/1925010-post288.html

Then to watch download SMPlayer, hook your Pre up and choose USB Mode, find the file that has numbers as the file name and play with SMPlayer.
    how do i find the file, by using which tool?
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pEEf View Post
    I've got a pretty stable app now, it stops/starts reliably, and the frame rate seems to be solid, but I can't seem to get audio to work still.

I'm using the old WebOS internals service to process my shell commands.

I wonder if I can make a background re-muxer can happen somehow so that the file can be reconstructed such that it is within the MP4 standard. This would make it playable on any standard codec. (Such as the Pre itself)
    How'd you get your framerate to stay solid? What's it at, like 30? Is your sound in-sync with your audio? Would you mind sharing the code you used?

Sorry for so many questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    how do i find the file, by using which tool?

Plug your Pre into your PC and choose USB mode on your Pre. Look for a file with numbers for the file name and use SMPlayer to play the file.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Quote Originally Posted by robert323 View Post
    i Know how to do this i have it installed already but i ust need to know how to start the video where do i go?????

If you install it correctly there shoud be a Icon in your launcher the says VideoRecTest.

If not try rebooting your pre.

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pEEf View Post
    I've got a pretty stable app now, it stops/starts reliably, and the frame rate seems to be solid, but I can't seem to get audio to work still.

I'm using the old WebOS internals service to process my shell commands.

I wonder if I can make a background re-muxer can happen somehow so that the file can be reconstructed such that it is within the MP4 standard. This would make it playable on any standard codec. (Such as the Pre itself)
    is there any way you can release the ipks of your version of the app? Maybe we can all test it to see if its stable on different pre's.
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    Plug your Pre into your PC and choose USB mode on your Pre. Look for a file with numbers for the file name and use SMPlayer to play the file.
    i got it, but when u say "Look for a file with numbers for the file name and use SMPlayer to play the file"
    how do i look for it?
    sorry im such a pain, but im missing something...
    Last edited by ericizzy1; 09/28/2009 at 01:09 PM. Reason: change
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    i got it, but when u say "Look for a file with numbers for the file name and use SMPlayer to play the file"
    how do i look for it?
    sorry im such a pain, but im missing something...
    Its going to look something like this 09_28_09_11_06_55, go to my computer, palm pre, and then your file will be listed maybe as one of the first ones, if there isnt one there you should probably try to record again.
    So is this thing recording with audio now?
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bevilsiz View Post
    So is this thing recording with audio now?
    nope, but one guy got the stop button to work, or something like that, he hasnt released it or anything
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm_FTW View Post
    I took a sample video and put it on youtube. Check it out if you want.

What app did you use to convert your recording into a format that'll play on You Tube?? SM Player doesn't have any conversion tools. I've tried SUPER, PRISM and Roxio but they all convert the file to a very long still.
    I'd appreciate your feedback.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acherry View Post
    What app did you use to convert your recording into a format that'll play on You Tube?? SM Player doesn't have any conversion tools. I've tried SUPER, PRISM and Roxio but they all convert the file to a very long still.
    earlier in the thread someone said youtube converts it fine
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rothoof View Post
    earlier in the thread someone said youtube converts it fine
    DOH!!
    Thanks. I just read like pages in this thread, but must have missed it.. Thanks for not calling me an *****.
    :-)
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Can't wait for the orientation to get corrected.
    I have the I-Grip flexible mount in my car, with the car charger ofcourse. Accelerometer orientation would work well in this instance.
    View the video attached..

I know I can change the orientation in SM Player, but I just wanted show how I plan to use your app.
    Thank you Jason SOOO very much for the hope you're providing us.. A donation is imminent..
    When this video works do you know if we could hook the phone directly up to the TV using a USB AV cables. I see one for the HTC touch pro that has micro USB and has the red, white, and yellow RCA cables. Also, Would love to have this for when I travel in a car with my kids and have them all watch the disney channels.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jawilly34 View Post
    When this video works do you know if we could hook the phone directly up to the TV using a USB AV cables. I see one for the HTC touch pro that has micro USB and has the red, white, and yellow RCA cables. Also, Would love to have this for when I travel in a car with my kids and have them all watch the disney channels.
    Right now it won't play on your Pre (not that the Pre has AV capabilities anyway). Also, I don't think there is an app that'll convert the file as it's formated today.
    WORK AROUND: Upload it to You Tube, THEN, download it from You Tube. You should then be able to do what you do with any other video clip you own..
    Worked well for me.. Cumbersome, time consuming, but handy if you're in a pinch..
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acherry View Post
    Okay, last post.
    I found an app that is able to read the video and convert it to a usable format. It can even change the orientation.. And thus far,, it's free.. Go figure..
    Video Editing Software - Edit Videos, AVI, Movies and Add Music
    This app is also available from within Prism; just look for the toolbox icon. It'll open a dialog with loads of options, including this one..
    Enjoy..
    What is it called? Is it available on preware? I am so confused, lol