Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmac06 View Post
    I got a question... is it possible to make it HD video recording or the phone isnt able to produce HD quality... btw jus by lookin at the vidz on youtube they seem pretty close to "HD-like" but yea... just wondering if its possible to have HD video recording? thanks
    You should have read the whole thread. Yes, the HARDWARE can support HD, but the software support isnt quite there yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post

The [Start Rec Alt1] is
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    FILE="`date +%m`_`date +%d`_`date +%y`_`date +%H`_`date +%M`_`date +%S`.mp4"
    gst-launch camsrc ! palmvideoencoder ! avimux name=mux ! filesink location=/media/internal/$FILE alsasrc ! mulawenc ! mux.
    Some have reported this working for audio with the video. Any suggestions?
    When I try this, I get the following error, and it stops:
    Code:
    WARNING: erroneous pipeline: no element "mux"
    BTW: I'm on 1.1

Can anyone CONFIRM audio? If so, what version, what command?
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Star Rec Alt1 says Invalid Command for me. Start Rec Alt2 gives no file in USB mode.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Anyone knowledgeable with gstreamer have any suggestions?

The [Start Rec Alt1] is
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    gst-launch camsrc ! palmvideoencoder ! avimux name=mux ! filesink location=/media/internal/$FILE alsasrc ! mulawenc ! mux.
    I just did
    Code:
    sudo -i
    followed by
    Code:
    all in one line in Terminal via SSH and it successfully recorded WITH sound! Running 1.1, rooted.

EDIT: Video with sound! Framerate is too fast though. h t t p : / / youtube dot com/watch?v=xBup0VduriM
    Last edited by yokken; 09/26/2009 at 02:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by yokken View Post
    I just did
    Code:
    sudo -i
    followed by
    Code:
    all in one line in Terminal via SSH and it successfully recorded WITH sound! Running 1.1, rooted.

EDIT: Video with sound! Framerate is too fast though. h t t p : / / youtube dot com/watch?v=xBup0VduriM
    Hmm, is that exactly the same command. I wonder why its not workin in the shell script...

And we always put a delay in the audio encoding to adjust for the framerate, eh?
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 09/26/2009 at 03:19 PM.
    I just did
    Code:
    sudo -i
    followed by
    Code:

Is that real??
    It's recording beautifully and i got it to play using SM, tried the audio code and it's not working for me. Im on 1.2. It's gettin there and it looks freakin good!!! Keep up the good work!
    It worked using Alt 1. only...I wish my Pre could recognize the file and play it. In good time...
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    checked internalz to find vid location..sorta weird but vid continues to grow rapidly..currently at 87 mb lol...deleted the video and it seems to be gone for good. wats the latest news with this rec app so many threads so little time lol
    Last edited by kshaat1107; 09/26/2009 at 04:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kshaat1107 View Post
    ok guys im lost...installed the ipk's but no new buttons or anything show up on the camera app or anywhere else..
    Look at the moon! (in your launcher)
    Video records fine....but no audio.....any fix for this??????
    Folks, this is still a very young capability, its not mainstream - hence the reason its in the development forum. Once its polished up a bit, it will likely go to homebrews. Chill out and let the devs figure out the little bugs.

As far as audio, etc, if you've got command line access, the commands and other code are available. If you dont have command line access, or know how to use it, then 'fixing' audio, etc, probably isnt in your realm of capability.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Star Rec Alt1 says Invalid Command for me. Start Rec Alt2 gives no file in USB mode.
    same here. the regular start worked, plays fine in VLC, but has no sound.
    I'd like to chance stepping into inappropriateness and say that the PreCentral forums are probably not the best medium for development.

If we can get a git stream going, the community can collaboratively fix problems as time allows, given how the few people I can think of that could fix these issues are only on certain times of the week, or in very different timezones from the current devs.
    Star Rec Alt1 says Invalid Command for me too...and im getting 0 KB size output files onto my pre...
    I found a stop button...sort of...
    I open the regular camera on the side of the camcorder (multitasking).
    Start the recording, when I'm done, I switch to the regular camera and the recording stops.
    No need to reset or plug in the USB.
    Then I can go back on the camcorder to record another video.
    Quote Originally Posted by turbobo View Post
    I found a stop button...sort of...
    I open the regular camera on the side of the camcorder (multitasking).
    Start the recording, when I'm done, I switch to the regular camera and the recording stops.
    No need to reset or plug in the USB.
    Then I can go back on the camcorder to record another video.
    my camera isn't working now....im using 1.2
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turbobo View Post
    Is that real??
    Of course! I'll take another if you want.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pEEf View Post
    When I try this, I get the following error, and it stops:
    Code:
    WARNING: erroneous pipeline: no element "mux"
    BTW: I'm on 1.1

Can anyone CONFIRM audio? If so, what version, what command?
    The first video that Zonyl made had audio you have to turn the volume up really loud but you can hear background noise and the narrator on the dvd player he has going.

its the video that was on the front page of precentral
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    works in vlc and smplayer for me. . . i think thats been established but im just excited people.
    Question ? I was able to install programs and opens fine. But unable to record or see anything ?? any suggstions...