Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ohenebajoy View Post
    Jason I install the video recording ipk and recorded something but when I try to play it on the pre, the player started and gave me an error playing back.
    It won't run in the default player unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by BINNY42 View Post
    You have done it again jason!!! great work on the videocam service!!! I downloaded the zip file then downloaded both ipk files thru webos quick install.restarted luna and everything worked great..no sound just like everyone else but thats okay. I used mediacoder to convert to 3gp so i can watch my recordings thru my pre and so far so good. The quality of the videos are impressing... Once again thanks for your imprssive comminment on all pre and webos related items..its people like you that change the world one baby step at a time..... Thank you jason robitaille!
    Don't thank for this one, thank the people earlier on in the thread who found the commandline solution. I just adapted it.

Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post

Installed both files, uploaded files directly to youtube. The stop video did not work, only stopped after i plugged it in.
    O.o The file uploads to youtube fine, without conversion needed?! If so, I could try to see about adding a direct-upload feature for youtube (not ideal as you can't preview the video, but it's a start.

I'll have a new build with a different attempt at video stopping and audio with the video.

Also, if a mod could rename this thread to "Video Recording: A Work In Progress" or something similar, it'd be appreciated
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turbobo View Post
    I had the same issue (fast video). I had to install the optionnal CODECs that comes with SMplayer.
    I rebooted my machine and the vids now appear to be running fine so was likely just a matter with the codecs :-) Thanks for mentioning the above!

To all involved, thanks so much for this! Aside from a really good Brightkite app, this was #1 on my want list and lack of video was almost a reason to pass on the Pre, even though I'd held off on getting a new phone in anticipation of the it since WebOS was announced.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts

another video. I tried to test some close ups.

I think the recording stopped when the screen timed out.
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post

another video. I tried to test some close ups.

I think the recording stopped when the screen timed out.
    I gotta confirm, this was uploaded to youtube without any conversion first?
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    It won't run in the default player unfortunately.

Don't thank for this one, thank the people earlier on in the thread who found the commandline solution. I just adapted it.

O.o The file uploads to youtube fine, without conversion needed?! If so, I could try to see about adding a direct-upload feature for youtube (not ideal as you can't preview the video, but it's a start.

I'll have a new build with a different attempt at video stopping and audio with the video.

Also, if a mod could rename this thread to "Video Recording: A Work In Progress" or something similar, it'd be appreciated
    Yes, youtube takes it just fine. Also, after you upload to youtube you can download the mp4 file and it plays fine in everything I've tested, even the pre.

The original file was 9.61 MB and the converted file from youtube was 1.96 MB.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    I gotta confirm, this was uploaded to youtube without any conversion first?
    Yes,

copied to desktop and then used youtube.com to upload the file. It took about 30 seconds to upload and it took about 2 minutes for youtube to "process" the file. no clue what it does when it says this.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    This is pretty kick ***! And is coming along great! Thanks for the option to now record my terrible life choices!
    Hi all,

Here's the new zip.

Only the service ipk was updated (so you only need to update that i**** already have the app ipk installed).

It contains the 2 changes Rod recommended as well as changed [Start Rec Alt1], [Start Rec Alt2] and [Stop Rec] buttons scripts, so with the new service, be sure to try those out again

One we figure out how to get the stop button working, I'll look at adding direct youtube upload ability to the service
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Ridiculous question from me Jason, but by poking around, have you considered trying to use kill INT instead of killall HUP? That may fix your stopping issues. INT mimics ctrl+c, which works when running the same script in the terminal.
    Last edited by Prenosicator; 09/26/2009 at 01:11 PM. Reason: explanation
    Hi all,

Here's the new zip.

Only the service ipk was updated (so you only need to update that i**** already have the app ipk installed).

It contains the 2 changes Rod recommended as well as changed [Start Rec Alt1], [Start Rec Alt2] and [Stop Rec] buttons scripts, so with the new service, be sure to try those out again

One we figure out how to get the stop button working, I'll look at adding direct youtube upload ability to the service

great work, but, any sound yet?
    stop button still doesnt seem to work. Only when I go to USB mode does it stop recording.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    for anybody using the media-convert.com
    all you have to do it just go to upload
    choose your pre video
    and dont change what the file type is
    its going to say it can be different files just leave as is then go down and choose what file type you want it to be converted into and then click the button
    Once you are in Hell, Only the Devil can help you

Click To See My Themes

If you have any theme requests email me at Pardoe@live.com
    Quote Originally Posted by phreakish View Post
    stop button still doesnt seem to work. Only when I go to USB mode does it stop recording.

Yeah same here.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    great work, but, any sound yet?
    You tell me . [Start Rec Alt1] and [Start Rec Alt2] have always be tests to include sound. I updated those in the latest service ipk. Either work?
    I got a question... is it possible to make it HD video recording or the phone isnt able to produce HD quality... btw jus by lookin at the vidz on youtube they seem pretty close to "HD-like" but yea... just wondering if its possible to have HD video recording? thanks
    You tell me . [Start Rec Alt1] and [Start Rec Alt2] have always be tests to include sound. I updated those in the latest service ipk. Either work?

[Start Rec Alt1] - Video but no sound

[Start Rec Alt2] - Will not record. No file when you go into USB mode.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post

+1
    Still no sound
    Can't stop the recording

[Start Rec Alt1] - ERROR invalid command

Yes indeed, using this seems to kill it reliably:

Code:
    /usr/bin/killall -I -s INT gst-launch-0.10
    I've written a simple app. It uses the silver button to stop it, as well as firing up the LED in stages. Here is my entire script:

Code:
    #!/bin/sh

luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.vibrate/vibrate {\"period\":250,\"duration\":500\}

FILE="`date +%m`_`date +%d`_`date +%y`_`date +%H`_`date +%M`_`date +%S`.mts"
    gst-launch camsrc ! palmvideoencoder ! filesink location=/media/internal/VIDEO/Recordings/$FILE &

luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.applicationManager/running {} > /tmp/psctest 2>&1
    pid=$(cat /tmp/psctest | sed 's/.*camcorder\", \"[a-z]*\"\: \(\"[0-9]*\"\) }.*/\1/')
    rm /tmp/psctest

sleep 1
    echo -n 1 >/sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-2/2-0033/avin
    echo -n 50mA >/sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-2/2-0033/torch_current
    echo -n torch >/sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-2/2-0033/mode
    sleep 1
    echo -n 75mA >/sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-2/2-0033/torch_current
    sleep 1
    echo -n 100mA >/sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-2/2-0033/torch_current
    sleep 1
    echo -n 100mA >/sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-2/2-0033/torch_current

cat /dev/input/keypad1 | read -n1

/usr/bin/killall -I -s INT gst-launch-0.10

luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.vibrate/vibrate {\"period\":0,\"duration\":250\}

luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.applicationManager/close {\"processId\":$pid}

echo -n shutdown >/sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-2/2-0033/mode
    echo -n 0mA >/sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-2/2-0033/torch_current
    echo -n 0 >/sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-2/2-0033/avin
    My app calls this script, then presents a message "Camcorder started - To stop recording, press the silver button".

Once the silver button is pressed, it stops the recording, turns off the LED, then terminates the application.

Now I'd like to figure out how you got sound to work? I can't seem to make it happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post

Anyone knowledgeable with gstreamer have any suggestions?

The [Start Rec Alt1] is
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    FILE="`date +%m`_`date +%d`_`date +%y`_`date +%H`_`date +%M`_`date +%S`.mp4"
    gst-launch camsrc ! palmvideoencoder ! avimux name=mux ! filesink location=/media/internal/$FILE alsasrc ! mulawenc ! mux.
    Some have reported this working for audio with the video. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by pEEf View Post
    Wow, very nice, updating the service with this new info