Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ebonexxx View Post
    thanks bro, i didnt think it was that easy

so the app opens but when i click to record nothing happens

:-(
    turn on flashlight (on I believe)
    then hit record, it takes a bit, and then it records, but no preview. You probably were/are recording.

When done, tap and hold stop for 2-3 seconds. Then turn flashlight off (Off button)

go into USB mode and look for your file, and then check out how you cant view it.

As previously suggested, go here: Media Convert - free and on line - convert and split sound, ringtones, images, docs -
    and convert to something useful. Redownload and appreciate your work
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    all i did was install the ipks do i need all of the other files?
    Once you are in Hell, Only the Devil can help you

Click To See My Themes

If you have any theme requests email me at Pardoe@live.com
    shouldnt need to. I copied the two ipk files, and the folder inside the zip to a folder on my desktop, then installed the two ipks from there simultaneously through WebOS QI. Works for me.
    SMplayer also works for me with the webinstall and selecting the optional codecs. It does seem to play a bit fast, but perhaps not, hard to tell - it may just be the decent frame rate.

My recording seem to end only when I enter USB mode, but will have to play with the stop recording button a bit more. The alt buttons do nothing for me.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    i did the same

Click To See My Themes

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I havent tried to figure out if my recordings stop when I press stop or when I close the app

Click To See My Themes

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geogray View Post
    I use this: Video Converter Software - Convert AVI WMV MPEG MOV Video Files
    Works great and there is free version and a paid version. Either of them will convert the Pre video to something you can play on pretty much anything.

Has anyone gotten the sound to work?
    What input file do you insert mpeg-4?
    Quote Originally Posted by ebonexxx View Post
    cant someone really make a video of how to install it.. i can not figure it out at all!!!!
    Here you go! It's on YouTube:

Type that (after youtube.com/ )
    watch?v=N_AgpvJOu2I

(I have less than 10 posts and I can't post a link...)

I have no credits, I'm a rookie, I just followed the instructions provided and played with my pre.

Thanks for that wonderfull fonction!!
    When I copy my file off of the Pre, I can't view it. I installed VLC and I also redownloaded and install the free codecs.

All I'm getting is that it can't be rendered.

So something is not going right for me.

I did install both ipk files via WebOS Quick Install 2.5.3.

Not sure if there was something else that needed to go onto the Pre.

I guess I should be happy, there is a file being created, it's just garbage right now. But it did something.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by turbobo View Post
    Here you go! It's on YouTube:
    I watched it, and you got it to work, so I have to see what I did that was different.

I choose the + button instead of upload a file.

But I did get the app to run, so I doubt that was the problem.

What did you do with the other files in that zip file?

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ujsc View Post
    What input file do you insert mpeg-4?
    Not sure I understand your question. The input file would be the recording from your Pre. Connect the Pre to your computer, put the Pre in 'USB' mode. Open a Windows Explorer (if using Windows) and navigate to the Pre. Your video should be there. It would have a filename that is made up of the date and time you made the recording and have an extension of .mp4.
    I transcode to MP4 (so, you are going from MP4 to MP4) using the default settings in Prism. Works just fine.

I am utterly amazed at the quality of the video that is coming from the Pre. It looks pretty darn good. Can it do 720p? Anyone know? Anyone? Bueller?
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I watched it, and you got it to work, so I have to see what I did that was different.

I choose the + button instead of upload a file.

But I did get the app to run, so I doubt that was the problem.

What did you do with the other files in that zip file?

Rob
    You are not doing anything wrong. The format that is getting recorded is a bit wonky. You either have to use a different player (search these posts, I forget the name, it is something like SM4, but I don't recall.) Or check out Prism Video Converter. It is free. The link is quoted in a posting above yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Try watching in SMPlayer - Downloads
    Jason Can you play recorded video with this software on the pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Attached is the updated zip with the fixed videocam service ipk
    Jason I install the video recording ipk and recorded something but when I try to play it on the pre, the player started and gave me an error playing back. is there a fix for that or are u workin on something?
    Bro you rock and I truely thank you for all your works. i wish I ahve a little book to learn how to do these apps and utilities. thanks again
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Installed, got running no problem and vids play in SMPlayer. As a few others have noted for their own vids, mine are running a little fast. The videos I've seen on YouTube don't appear to have that issue and wondering if it might just be a matter of codec, framerate, etc? Video looks great just the same! Very exciting stuff :-)

I did run into one issue... After grabbing video off of the phone, I put the phone straight on the charger after coming out of USB mode. A few times now, the screen turns off like normal but when I go to the phone, rather than waking up like it should, I've found the phone completely off (or maybe screen just not coming back on) and only way to get it back on is pulling the battery. This only seems to be happening to me when I record video -> USB mode -> screen goes to sleep once off charger. After that, everything is back to normal. Anyone else see anything like that?
    You have done it again jason!!! great work on the videocam service!!! I downloaded the zip file then downloaded both ipk files thru webos quick install.restarted luna and everything worked great..no sound just like everyone else but thats okay. I used mediacoder to convert to 3gp so i can watch my recordings thru my pre and so far so good. The quality of the videos are impressing... Once again thanks for your imprssive comminment on all pre and webos related items..its people like you that change the world one baby step at a time..... Thank you jason robitaille!
    Quote Originally Posted by cbellevie View Post
    Installed, got running no problem and vids play in SMPlayer. As a few others have noted for their own vids, mine are running a little fast. The videos I've seen on YouTube don't appear to have that issue and wondering if it might just be a matter of codec, framerate, etc? Video looks great just the same! Very exciting stuff :-)
    I had the same issue (fast video). I had to install the optionnal CODECs that comes with SMplayer.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohenebajoy View Post
    Jason I install the video recording ipk and recorded something but when I try to play it on the pre, the player started and gave me an error playing back. is there a fix for that or are u workin on something?
    Bro you rock and I truely thank you for all your works. i wish I ahve a little book to learn how to do these apps and utilities. thanks again
    This surely isn't the territory of the creator of this proof-of-concept application. What Jason did here was great work, and hopefully someone will build on it to get it to an alpha format.

The issue with playback is, there's no preloaded encoders in the pre that are in a format the pre can read, and there are no preloaded decoders that support the format that the encoder encodes in (yes, that makes very little sense). The "palmvideoencoder" unfortunately seems proprietary, so we may not learn much about it in the future (except by just looking at files it outputs).

There is a fix, but the fix requires getting other plugins and elements loaded in the default gst configuration, either for recording or playback, which although much work has been done in that vein, it still doesn't seem likely at the moment.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts

Installed both files, uploaded files directly to youtube. The stop video did not work, only stopped after i plugged it in.

Quality looks a little better in SMPlayer.
    Last edited by cashen; 09/26/2009 at 10:39 AM.
    Jason.....YOU ROCK! I just downloaded and installed and a few hiccups and sluggishness in the beginning but once it got going it works smooth! Keep up the good work man!