Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    works in SM player once i rename it to .avi
    no sound with the top recording link
    With thousands of app submissions for launch I hope there is a video recorder app in there. If not it makes me happy the community is on it. What we are not provided with we shall create ourselves. Love it.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rhotwire View Post
    not able to playback on VLC or see subject I am recording?? Any ideas?? Thanks for all of your hard work
    I use this: Video Converter Software - Convert AVI WMV MPEG MOV Video Files
    Works great and there is free version and a paid version. Either of them will convert the Pre video to something you can play on pretty much anything.

Has anyone gotten the sound to work?
    ok iv read therw the posts..well most of them so sorry if this was in there and i didnt see it... how do i make my pre recored video with sound?? can i use quick install... if not will there later a way for it to work... like in the case of the pre themer how before it was hell doin it and now its super eazy... thanx for the help..ps love the palm pre best iv ever had.. never herd of palm before this phone lol that makes me a new fan boi? loll
  5.    #185  
    My apologies for not pursuing this further - I just moved and started my first real job so I've been a bit short on time. I'll try to catch up on developments soon and contribute a bit more.

Thanks to all else involved.
    not sure if this has been posted however the service broke my camera. it would open and just keep restarting it like it never fully started the camera.

i removed the test app and it did not fix it, then i removed the service (preware did not remove, i had to plug in and remove with quick install, fyi) and it worked again.

just a heads up, sry if it was already noted elsewhere
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I'm late but nice work. Some of you guys amaze me with your on the fly skills. Any idea when this will hit Quick Install?
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    THIS. IS. AMAZING. To the guy that figured it out--you deserve an award. I can see this going far regardless of whether Palm decides to help out a little or not.
    Lols...there's a Engadget story about this thread now...

Video recording hacks for the Pre making nice progress

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    no need for software to convert
    until someone gets it to record in a decent format just go to
    Media Convert - free and on line - convert and split sound, ringtones, images, docs -
    its free and you dont have do download anything
    I use that website for any video converting
    Once you are in Hell, Only the Devil can help you

Click To See My Themes

If you have any theme requests email me at Pardoe@live.com
    great start. mplayer plays fine for me.
    I had the same issue with my camera where i installed, ran and it kept flashing.. but i just rebooted and let it go and after a reboot and about 10 minutes the problem went away. Also i was able to shoot video consistently following these steps. I tried using the alt buttons but the files would be corrupted. Not sure what they are for.
    but anway to run
    1. Open Test App
    2. Click on ON Button to turn on flash
    3. Click on Start Rec (for some reason turns flash off)
    4. Click on Stop Rec and hold for a second when done.
    5. CLick on Off on the flash.
    6. Close the app

i did some blackbox testing and for some reason these steps work the best even though your flash turns off.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    recorded and played using vlc player.

Sweet!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I just installed it
    and had no problems for some reason
    the recording worked perfectly fine
    no freezing or anything
    only thing is the angle for the camera is turned 90 degrees to the left
    anybody else having the same problem?
    Once you are in Hell, Only the Devil can help you

Click To See My Themes

If you have any theme requests email me at Pardoe@live.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Pardoe View Post
    only thing is the angle for the camera is turned 90 degrees to the left
    anybody else having the same problem?
    as stated before, the USB port is 'up' or the 'top' of the video.

Ive probably had 2-3 experiences ever where this would be useful, but I still want it
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Amazing job! just done with the installation of service and running a quick test. No freezing smooth video recording, quality is decent if not great! Hope to see this one turning into a full fledge app, don't mind paying for it at all! Keep up the good work
    cant someone really make a video of how to install it.. i can not figure it out at all!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ebonexxx View Post
    cant someone really make a video of how to install it.. i can not figure it out at all!!!!
    step 1. Download:
    http://forums.precentral.net/attachm...o-cam-test.zip

Step 2.

Step 3. Record video.

More seriously, download the zip. Copy the contents to some location. Use webOS QI to install both IPK files, I did the short file name first, then longer one. Wait for successful install, then start the app from the launcher.

Have fun playing with your newfound goodness.
    thanks bro, i didnt think it was that easy

so the app opens but when i click to record nothing happens

:-(
    Last edited by ebonexxx; 09/25/2009 at 11:29 PM.
    me neither... sometimes these dev's surprise me, they make it so simple (once you figure out the basics). If I can do it, anyone can