Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    I rooted my pre and have since made a bunch of mods. I just feel that my Pre is sluggish at times, and while it is probably not from anything I have done, I feel that I want to return it to a stock state. My question is: If I run Webos Doctor, will it hard reset my device so to speak, or will everything be preserved (apps and settings, etc).
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    everything will be gone. settings are not preserved but any apps you got in the official app store will be loaded back on after you sync with synergy. I don't know if you're going to run into this problem but every time i've used WebOS Doctor (which is 2 now, im too scared to do it again), once the reset is completed and the phone reboots, I can't sync with Synergy; and in order to get into the phone and begin using it again you need to either make a new synergy account or log into your existing one. I can't do either of those steps because I can't connect to Sprint's 3G network which Synergy requires (wifi is not available at this stage). Each time it's happened I go to the Sprint store and they tell me it's because my device hasn't provisioned properly, and they can never get it to work so they swap it out for a new one.

It seems like the WebOS doctor causes that to happen..in my case at least. Be careful!
    i rooted my pre and screwed something up and when i tried to run webdoctor it would let me do it on my laptop. so i went to campus and ran it from that computer but when my phone reset it would load any of my palm profile contacts and now i cant install hoembrews on my laptop because it says my palm pre doesnt exist. also my wifi will pick up networks but doesnt want to connect claiming a failure to associate and my bluetooth doesnt work. sooo heres the question.

if webos doctor doesnt straighten all that out is there anything else to do?

could i root again and fix it (probably not me but could an expert)?

any advice would be greatly appreciated
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    if WebOS Doctor doesn't fix it just take it back to the Sprint store and they will give you a new one, no hassle.
    I rooted my pre also and had to use webos doc. Everytime I would restart my phone My phone would erase everything. I tried to do everything from a hardreset to battery pull and nothing worked. My computer would not recognize my pre in usb mode.

Finally and Im not sure how I got Webos Doc to work and everything has been working fine since. It restored my phone got rid of the custom bootlogo I installed and works like new.