Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am using winscp for the first time to change files in luna/images

but....everytime I attempt to replace said file with my file...I get a message that asks if I want to overwrite...I say yes....and then get a message...error 3 permission denied....

help?
    make sure to include sudo in the command for protocol options in the sftp enviroment options.

or set the read/write access

mount -o remount,rw
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I am having a similar problem. Should the phone be in dev mode when you run WinSCP or not? Also, when should you set read/write access? Before opening WinSCP or input using putty once the connection is established? Should the phone be in developer mode or not? I keep getting so close, then failure. I'd hate to have to cut/paste every line if I don't have to
    yes you need to be in dev mode. Open Winscp and login. open putty and enter p.w Sudo -i and enter p.w Mount -o remount,rw / and you should then be able to drag and drop in winscp...
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by spenzalii View Post
    I am having a similar problem. Should the phone be in dev mode when you run WinSCP or not? Also, when should you set read/write access? Before opening WinSCP or input using putty once the connection is established? Should the phone be in developer mode or not? I keep getting so close, then failure. I'd hate to have to cut/paste every line if I don't have to
    SFTP works outside of dev mode so turning it off or on doesn't affect it. Like a previous poster, make sure you sudo the SFTP enviroment(I made this mistake myself) "sudo /opt/libexec/sftp-server"

Either if you're connected or have yet to connect it doesn't matter. I've done both ways i.e. putty'd then accessed the SFTP, and browsed around until I was about to change something and then putty'd and entered the command. The mount stuff isn't account specific it affects the actual device.

Also you can just do "sudo mount -o remount,rw /" instead of doing "sudo -i" then the mount command
  6.    #6  
    I have attached a picture of what I see...any help?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Have you tried to upload the files to the root directory that you log into then move them over?
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    SFTP works outside of dev mode so turning it off or on doesn't affect it. Like a previous poster, make sure you sudo the SFTP enviroment(I made this mistake myself) "sudo /opt/libexec/sftp-server"

Either if you're connected or have yet to connect it doesn't matter. I've done both ways i.e. putty'd then accessed the SFTP, and browsed around until I was about to change something and then putty'd and entered the command. The mount stuff isn't account specific it affects the actual device.

Also you can just do "sudo mount -o remount,rw /" instead of doing "sudo -i" then the mount command
    That was the problem! I didn't realize you could type that in the radio box. Once I did that and logged in, using putty to set the read/write access was a snap.
    If all else fails open an SSH along side your SFTP and chown <user> <file/folder> && chmod 777 <file/folder>. Giving yourself ownership and permissions over the file or folder in question should solve this issue if it persists through a mount -o remount,rw /.
    Quote Originally Posted by billybennett View Post
    make sure to include sudo in the command for protocol options in the sftp enviroment options.

or set the read/write access

mount -o remount,rw
    Could you be a little more specific? I tried opening a Putty window through WinSCP and then using the sudo commands however I'm still not being giving permission.

I thought WinSCP would be easier than my usual ssh in but apparently I'm still missing something. Thanks in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    Could you be a little more specific? I tried opening a Putty window through WinSCP and then using the sudo commands however I'm still not being giving permission.

I thought WinSCP would be easier than my usual ssh in but apparently I'm still missing something. Thanks in advance!
    In WinSCP settings for your Pre connection

Code:
    Check 'Advanced Options' and select "Environment>SFTP".
    In the SFTP server box enter: sudo /opt/libexec/sftp-server
  12.    #12  

Code:
    You sir are my hero.

Code:
    Hmm, even after doing this I only have rw access in media/internals .... not so much in .../sysmgr/images/

Here I get the error:
    General Faluire
    Error code: 4
    Error message from server: Failure
    Request code: 13
    Hmm, even after doing this I only have rw access in media/internals .... not so much in .../sysmgr/images/

Here I get the error:
    General Faluire

Iam getting the same thing please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! driving me crazy!!
  15.    #15  
    I was going crazy about this too!
    I made an image trying to explain how I did it....hopefully it helps!
  16.    #16  

Here I get the error:
    General Faluire
    Quote Originally Posted by truelifezero View Post
    Iam getting the same thing please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! driving me crazy!!
    Does this help?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by iranmani113 View Post
    Does this help?
    Thanks, yes step 2 is very important apparently... cheers
    hey guys
    i got the same permissions error
    i use a mac with cyberduck and terminal can some one plezzzzzz help me with this
    i really wanna theme my pre
  19.    #19  
    Look at the attached thumbnail on my post....see if it helps?

If not, be specific with step by step what you're doing, and we will do our best!
    Getting this error when I try to login via WinSCP
    "Cannot initialize SFTP protocol. Is the host running a SFTP server?"

Any help?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast