Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Thanks to d2GlobalInc for posting the Text Messaging and Time-Stampted Text Messages.

BOTH Text Forwarding AND Time Stamp on Incoming Outgoing Messsages?

I have discovered that this is not possible to for BOTH the text forwarding AND time stamp to coexist on your Palm Pre. So, I modified your post to combine the coding from both:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    #
    # ENABLE TXT AND EMAIL MESSAGE FORWARDING
    #
    mount -o remount,rw /
    #
    # RESTORE FILES
    #
    echo RESTORING ORIGINAL FILES IF AVAILABLE
    cp /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.js_1-1-0 /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs
    cp /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.js_1-1-0 /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs
    #
    # BACKUP FILES
    #
    echo BACKING UP ORIGINAL FILES
    cp /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$models$/$messaging$-$luna$-$service$.$js_1$-$1$-$0$
    cp /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$controllers$/$chatview$-$assistant$.$js_1$-$1$-$0$

#
    # MAKE MODIFICATIONS TO messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs
    #
    echo MAKING MODIFICATIONS TO messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs
    sed -i "s/telephonyIdentifier: 'palm:\/\/com.palm.telephony',/telephonyIdentifier: 'palm:\/\/com.palm.telephony',\n\
    forwardIdentifier: 'palm:\/\/com.palm.applicationManager',\n\
    \n\
    forwardMessage: function(sceneController,messageText) {\n\
    return sceneController.serviceRequest(MessagingMojoService.forwardIdentifier,{\n\
    method: 'launch',\n\
    parameters: {\n\
    id: 'com.palm.app.messaging',\n\
    params: {\n\
    messageText: 'FWD: '+messageText\n\
    }\n\
    }\n\
    });\n\
    },\n\
    /g" /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs
    #
    # MAKE MODIFICATIONS TO chatview-assistant.jsjsjs
    #
    echo MAKING MODIFICATIONS TO chatview-assistant.jsjsjs
    sed -i "s/MessagingUtils.simpleListClick(this.controller.get(event.originalEvent.target), \"chatRow\", function(targetRow){/if (!mmsImageTarget \&\& !mmsVideoTarget \&\& !mmsVcardTarget \&\& !mmsVcalTarget) {\n\
    MessagingMojoService.forwardMessage(this.controller, event.item.messageText);\n\
    }\n\
    \n\
    MessagingUtils.simpleListClick(this.controller.get(event.originalEvent.target), \"chatRow\", function(targetRow){/g" /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs
    #
    # MAKE MODIFICATIONS TO chatview-assistant.jsjsjs - $PART$ $1$
    #
    echo MAKING MODIFICATIONS TO chatview-assistant.jsjsjs - $PART$ $1$
    sed -i "s/if(\!ChatFlags.isOutgoing(msg.flags) \&\& msg.deviceTimeStamp \&\& msg.timeStamp \&\& (msg.deviceTimeStamp-msg.timeStamp) > (1000\*60\*10)) {/if(1 > 0) {/g" /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs
    #
    # MAKE MODIFICATIONS TO chatview-assistant.jsjsjs - $PART$ $2$
    #
    echo MAKING MODIFICATIONS TO chatview-assistant.jsjsjs - $PART$ $2$
    sed -i "s/if(today-msg.timeStamp <= (1000\*60\*60\*24\*2)) {/if(1 > 0) {/g" /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs
    #
    # COMPLETE UPDATE
    #
    mount -o remount,ro /
    echo INSTALLATION COMPELTE... REBOOTING DEVICE...
    /sbin/reboot
    #
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    All credit to d2globalinc!
    Thanks!
    Maybe it was just an earlier version of the patch the I had, but when I activated the Forward Messages patch, I wasn't able to resend failed messages. Each time I clicked the text it wanted to forward instead of resend. Is that still the case or has it been changed?
    yeah plus i really dont like the forward because it wouldnt let me play the sound that was sent i couldnt cliick it. and then theres times when u cant apply new patches due to the codes..so patches and quilt are for me !

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Thanks to d2GlobalInc for posting the Text Messaging and Time-Stampted Text Messages.

BOTH Text Forwarding AND Time Stamp on Incoming Outgoing Messsages?

I have discovered that this is not possible to for BOTH the text forwarding AND time stamp to coexist on your Palm Pre. So, I modified your post to combine the coding from both:

I can with the clean messages patch....
    Plus the patch has a much nicer look than d2g's so much cleaner

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
    I saw that you posted the code to have text messages forwarded as well as have accurate timestamps on my palm pre. but where would i copy that code into on my phone so that I can get this to work. I am new to this blog site so can anyone help me out??????
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Hi I am new to this...how do you incert a code?
    i am new with my palm pre how do i enter these patches