1.    #1  
    So, I have been digging around for days trying to find a way to hide the quick launch bar... then i stupidly noticed that when you pull up the wave bar, the quick launch bar goes away... this means there must be code in here somewhere to hide the quick launch bar, right... any clue on where to start looking or how to permanently hide it?
    Yeahhh that would be a nice mod !! Cuz you can bring up the wave if you need it so it would help clean the homescreen up !!
    This would be good. day one thats the first mode I wanted.
    I figured out how to hide it for only one thing when looking at the home/wall paper screen. But I haven't been able to figure out how to hide it when viewing the launcher pages. There is a function in that app designed to show/hide the quick launch by passing it a show/hide value. I'm going to continue digging and hope someone has an idea of where the call to the function needs to happen to hide it when viewing the launcher pages. Personally I only want to hide it when the launcher page is visible I'm fine with it visible when viewing the home/wall paper screen.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    This mod has already been done, search the forums and if you can't find it post back and ill send you what you need to set to hide (hint its in a css file :P)
    --
    Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    If my post was helpful please thank me!

Linux/Palm Pre HELP can be found at:
    http://www.crombiez.com

-intro.
  6.    #6  
    searched to no avail.. could you post a link to the thread? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by clintkoglin View Post
    searched to no avail.. could you post a link to the thread? Thanks
    I was thinking the same thing. I started a thread not too long ago maybe a week ago asking for help finding out how to do it because I couldn't find details on an existing mod on the forum or elsewhere and I really wanted to get rid of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by intro View Post
    This mod has already been done, search the forums and if you can't find it post back and ill send you what you need to set to hide (hint its in a css file :P)
    K. I'm done with your "scavenger hunt". Can you please post exactly how to do this now? Thx.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by intro View Post
    the name of the css file would be nice... thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Not to rain on your parade, but I read that thread before you linked to it. It isn't the solution to what is being asked. They discovered what I also discovered before I knew anyone else was trying to hide it as well. That is by editing a line or two in that file that calls to that function you can hide it except for when viewing the launcher pages. But for I assume those of us who want to hide it, we do so because we don't want to see it when viewing launcher pages as it is sort of redundant once we set our quick launch favs it is useless when a quick gesture can drop the page and bring it back if we can only figure out how to hide it when the page is up. Of course intro came in to claim that a mod is here to do it and was cryptic with a hint rather than simply providing the link if he/she really knows it has been posted. I'm sure he/she meant well but wasn't helpful, the thing to do is point people to the elusive info when they have thoroughly looked for it and it was not to be found. I searched using quick launch and went all the way back to launch day in the results to discover no thread containing info other than the discovery that it is possible if only we can figure out where to drop some lines of code to make it happen completely.