View Poll Results: If you've submitted an app to Palm, what's the status?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • I've submitted an app, Palm is working with me, I expect it to appear in the catalog any day now

0 0%
  • I've submitted an app, Palm is working with me, but it's going to be a while

2 25.00%
  • I've submitted an app, Palm has acknowledged receipt, but I haven't gotten any feedback

0 0%
  • I've submitted an app, but haven't gotten anything from Palm

6 75.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Alright, let's get some numbers out here. What I want to know is how many developers have submitted apps to Palm for the App Catalog and what the status is. Please only answer the poll if you've submitted an app to Palm.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  2.    #2  
    ...and if we get no votes, then I think we'll know that NDAs are still pretty restrictive.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    ...and if we get no votes, then I think we'll know that NDAs are still pretty restrictive.
    Umm.. yeah.. soo the NDA doesn't apply anymore considering the SDK is publicly available from Palm (developer.palm.com) and the App Store doesn't open for submissions to the catalog until "the fall"
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaerey View Post
    Umm.. yeah.. soo the NDA doesn't apply anymore considering the SDK is publicly available from Palm (developer.palm.com) and the App Store doesn't open for submissions to the catalog until "the fall"
    Well, unless I misunderstood something, there were "thousands" of developers in the early access program. I thought that they had an NDA that talked about more than just the SDK. I'm wondering where all the apps are and what is the hold up, and I was thinking that a poll would shed a bit of light.
    That NDA was updated to allow us to talk openly about our apps. I don't recall any particular prohibition on talking about the App Catalog submission process.

I just checked the NDA that is still on the Early Access site and it doesn't appear to prohibit talking about the app catalog submission process.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    That NDA was updated to allow us to talk openly about our apps. I don't recall any particular prohibition on talking about the App Catalog submission process.
    ...which would make my poll a good idea, no? I note that you said "our apps" implying that you have one too, and yet there are still 0 votes. Bad poll?
    I have an app and I am in the Early Access Program, but my music player app is still in development. You can read the thread about it on this forum. I will be submitting it when I am done with it.
  8.    #8  
    Found it, thanks. Looks like good stuff.
    Personally I think that they aren't releasing apps right now exept for a few big company made ones. They might be holding them all back to the launch of the release of the App Catoluge. This way there will be a big explostion of apps in the catoluge and it will hit news lines, therefore, getting more developers and more apps from the current developers. Palm need apps-Palm takes almost any app submited. It only makes sense.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
  10.    #10  
    Hmmm, could be. Still, there must be some in the pipeline. Inquiring minds want to know!
    I say good poll.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokerbrothersstudio View Post
    I say good poll.
    Thanks!
  13.    #13  
    Hmmm... 6 votes. Not so good. Is it possible that there really aren't very many developers here who have submitted apps to Palm?
    I say if you already have an app in the submission process then you are probably programming for a living and not as a hobby like most folks here. Therefore you do you 8 hours and go home and never read precentral.net forums.
    That's not necessarily true. Another reason is that the only people that can submit at this point are in the Early Access Program and a most of them got used to using that private forum(which is still kind of active) and now use the developer.palm.com forums.

I am in the EAP, but I always just liked the PreCentral forum vibe so I use all three forums to some degree. Besides, it is also the most active Pre forum in general. The SprintUsers and Sprint's BAW Pre forums are about dead.
    If I had been let in the EAP I would have submitted apps already.
  17.    #17  
    Interesting. So, perhaps the wrong place for the poll. Blubble, do you have a rough order of magnitude guess at how many apps are submitted but not yet in the catalog?
    No. Palm hasn't really said anything about it in their forums. I can tell you that the instructions for submittal say that they won't necessarily respond to you when you submit an app.

However, they do have a somewhat related poll in their developer.palm.com forum. It isn't really directed at EAP members.

Forums webOS • View topic - Quick poll: If the App Catalog was open, would you be ready?
    Last edited by Blubble; 08/05/2009 at 12:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    If I had been let in the EAP I would have submitted apps already.
    But you weren't. Oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    But you weren't. Oh well.
    I know...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast