Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    I've been testing this for a few days now and am very excited! I have been waiting for a good brickbreaker type app for a while now. I can tell that it is still a beta app and not all the features are here yet. I can not find any bugs other than the features missing. I do have allot of suggestions to help guide you as you develop this app:

1.) Add a tap to start at the start of a level.

2.) %mprove the over all feel of the app. Make a cool colorful menu, such as the new BrickDrop app in deveoplment.

3.) Add a pause feature when in card mode.

4.) Add difficulties to the game.
    1.1 does include a nice menu, be sure your using the latest version!
    So is there something we are doing? I cannot test what I cannot get to run.. ii
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by kesne View Post
    1.1 does include a nice menu, be sure your using the latest version!
    Yes I am. What I am saying is that the new menu is awesome! However, it could be better in latter versions. I love the BreakOut icon on it but I would say that the white and orange theme is kida dull. I would suggest maybe a blue and purple type theme. Something to also improve the overall feel of the game is have different levels (each with like 10 boards in it) and each level has a different background. Like first you could do a underwater background, sea shore, desert, grass land, rain forest, mountains, snow land, sky (clouds), then space. Then this would promote the career mode you have. You would work your way through levels of different levels and eventually beat the game. With FreePlay you could play any of the boards that you have already beat. This would make it more than just a brickbreaker game but would put it's own unique twist on it. Making it yours.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Getting:

Type Error: Cannot Read property "2" of undefined when i start a game. Cant see anything im hitting, just the paddle and ball.
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    Yes I am. What I am saying is that the new menu is awesome! However, it could be better in latter versions. I love the BreakOut icon on it but I would say that the white and orange theme is kida dull. I would suggest maybe a blue and purple type theme. Something to also improve the overall feel of the game is have different levels (each with like 10 boards in it) and each level has a different background. Like first you could do a underwater background, sea shore, desert, grass land, rain forest, mountains, snow land, sky (clouds), then space. Then this would promote the career mode you have. You would work your way through levels of different levels and eventually beat the game. With FreePlay you could play any of the boards that you have already beat. This would make it more than just a brickbreaker game but would put it's own unique twist on it. Making it yours.
    Psh, I love the orange on white theme :P

Graphics will continue to be improved as time goes on.
    Anyone know why when I install it, it always stays 0.0.9? Kmax12 has sent me the updated app twice but still nothing. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but with no change. Anyone else had this problem?

"We all follow the Chelsea!!!"
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dtom2444 View Post
    Anyone know why when I install it, it always stays 0.0.9? Kmax12 has sent me the updated app twice but still nothing. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but with no change. Anyone else had this problem?
    It is because I forgot to change some text in 0.1.1

anyways I just emailed out 0.1.2

0.1.2 was sent out!
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Love the background idea!! that will definetly come once I get gameplay down and start working on aesthetics.
    new version is working a little more smoothly.. i dunno what it is but top left corner of screen i had a number.. 5.999999999999999999999 then it turned into number 6 stayed 6 for awhile there... anyway what i would do if i were you is put maybe a black bar up top the size of the notification bar when you have new email or whatever so its not intrusive make it black so it blends in with the time and stuff and have the lives level and score showing up there in little white text. this will also allow the top two corner bricks to be a tad lower and not have the corners rounded off.... oh this is fun so after you start the game and have your finger on the screen you can slide it down to the gesture area just above the center button so now you can see whole game play screen. perhaps can be noted in instructions one day when you get to that
    MatterOfFactJack
    when i gesture down touching the screen it makes my lives go away this is before activating the ball by gesture up... also when notifications are open the game is not resizing to fit the screen so ball is hidden at the bottom if you can move the paddle a bit lower and make the screen adjust to notifications that would be awesome.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    im getting this code in career mode:

6.000000000000001 at the top left corner
    In one level, there was a blue block which was transparent. The ball would go through that brick and hit the ones above it but the blue one will not break making it impossible to win the level.
    In the new 1.2 version, the ball is stuck on the bottom. After a little bit it becomes unstuck and then half the time when it starts, it flies down. After about 30 seconds it eventually flies up and then I can play the game.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    version 1.2 is a good improvement, much smoother only 3 hiccups in a game.
    u need to make everything smaller, i tried to find a good sceen shot of the bberry brick breaker, not that u are trying to copy. the bricks need to be smaller so there can be more, hence alot of different layouts. then of course the ball and paddle needs to be smaller to match.
    getting the gesture area to be your joystick would be THE BEST...stay off the screen all together, i know if u start on screen and move down it works.....but not consistantly .
    i think the gesture area would be awesome.....you could see the whole screen. please if some one can post a couple of screen shots of the bberry game just for a good visual idea!!!!!!

my 2 cents!!!!
    The Wams
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    I have just sent out 1.3
    Changes:
    -added about
    -added how to play
    -more skins
    -you can only flick the ball up now when you launch (you cant lose a life on a launch)
    -fixed a career mode bug
    -raised the ball's starting position
    I hope in the end this is a good arkanoid clone. I can see all kinds of cool power ups and configurations. ii
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Paladin View Post
    I hope in the end this is a good arkanoid clone. I can see all kinds of cool power ups and configurations. ii
    does this mean you can get the game to actually install? I know you were having problems before.
    It installed, just did not play. This version is playing at least now.

email sent
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    kmax,

Running 0.1.7 now.

Looking much better with each revision.

My biggest issue is with the "flicking" of the ball to start the game. Apparently, I don't have the proper technique because it takes me literally 7 or 8 tries sometimes to get the darn ball to start moving!

I try a slow flick, fast flick, short flick, longer flick, etc.

Maybe "Tap Ball to Start" might be simpler and more intuitive.

EDIT: Forgot to add a positive...I LOVE the new paddle, with a space below for the finger. You can actually see the paddle while you're playing...makes the game MUCH easier to play.
    Last edited by Habious; 08/15/2009 at 11:16 AM.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234