Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    the icon is kinda stretched. and WOAH, that intense mode is INTENSE. would be cooler if it had intense background music and the ball would appear and then disappear every few seconds
    Haha, well intense is just one of the bricksets. There is no intense version of gameplay (though it should be consitered)
    can anyone tell me what version the newest release is? Mine says 0.0.9.

Problems so far:
    -I've had 3 crashes so far, only been playing for 10 mins.
    -If I leave my pre alone for a minute it goes into sleep mode. This crashes the game.
    -Under the Play option, only Career Mode "works", Freeplay does not.
    -Career mode does not work. I've gotten Syntax errors about badly formed JSON strings, and other errors sometimes with even the score staying at "NaNa"
    -Sometimes the ball moves, other times it does not.

Is there a newer version, or are these errors common knowledge?

"We all follow the Chelsea!!!"
    Dtom2444,

I have experienced some of these issues. Sometimes the ball freezes (at least visibly on the screen) but there is an invisible ball (for lack of a better way of wording it) that is still flying around as I can see my lives going down and the occassional brick disappearing. This does seem to occur when I lose alive, almost like the ball is half off the screen.

I don't think Freeplay is meant to work yet.
    Haven't tried letting the Pre sleep to see if it crashes. I do know that if you put the game in background it still continues to play.

My version is also 0.0.9.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveInFL View Post
    Dtom2444,

I have experienced some of these issues. Sometimes the ball freezes (at least visibly on the screen) but there is an invisible ball (for lack of a better way of wording it) that is still flying around as I can see my lives going down and the occassional brick disappearing. This does seem to occur when I lose alive, almost like the ball is half off the screen.

I don't think Freeplay is meant to work yet.
    Haven't tried letting the Pre sleep to see if it crashes. I do know that if you put the game in background it still continues to play.

My version is also 0.0.9.
    Ok, thanks for clearing up some info. Only problem is, I've tried playing the game about 20 times now and only got it to work the first 2 tries.

Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dtom2444 View Post
    Ok, thanks for clearing up some info. Only problem is, I've tried playing the game about 20 times now and only got it to work the first 2 tries.
    That seems to happen with Career mode, just reset it in settings.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    major issues with 1.1

there was a type error, could not find "2" or something

and then there was a syntax error. badly written json file

just decided to reiterate it
    Is it possible to make the bricks a little bit smaller and put the paddle up a little bit more? Also, (not sure if anyones said this yet) but there's that levelcookie thing on the upper left.
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Irule View Post
    Is it possible to make the bricks a little bit smaller and put the paddle up a little bit more?
    Well, bricks do shrink around level 5.

As for the paddle, I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by chezbi View Post
    major issues with 1.1

there was a type error, could not find "2" or something

and then there was a syntax error. badly written json file

just decided to reiterate it
    Just ran it and got this:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Is it possible to make the bricks a little bit smaller and put the paddle up a little bit more? Also, (not sure if anyones said this yet) but there's that levelcookie thing on the upper left.
    on brick size: The idea is to have bigger bricks to start and then when levels get hard the brick size changes. My goal now is to get a function framework for a game and THEN add in more levels.

paddle position. I think it is in the perfect place. All you need to do is start with your finger on the paddle and then slide it down onto the gesture area. you finger can even be half on the screen and half off.

and the levelCookie is just some debugg info. dont worry it will be removed by the final release.

BTW EVERYONE MAKE SURE THEY ARE TESTING 1.1
    Last edited by kmax12; 08/05/2009 at 08:35 PM.
    Thanks for the little half on and half off tip. Will you be adding the option to mute sounds?

PS, I'm using 0.0.9. Is that the 1.1?

As I'm writing this, the ball is stuck at top and is moving from left to right. If you need a screenie i'll add one.
    Last edited by Irule; 08/05/2009 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Added bug info
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Thanks for the little half on and half off tip. Will you be adding the option to mute sounds?

PS, I'm using 0.0.9. Is that the 1.1?

As I'm writing this, the ball is stuck at top and is moving from left to right. If you need a screenie i'll add one.
    no. it should be 0.1.1
    very exciting sent email
    MatterOfFactJack
    Dtom,

Sorry, I'm actually using version 0.1.1.

Little Wigan have just signed Scott Sinclair from Chelsea on a season long loan. Can't say I am familiar with him mind, do you have any info on him ? If so please PM me.
    Quote Originally Posted by kmax12 View Post
    BTW EVERYONE MAKE SURE THEY ARE TESTING 1.1
    OK, I was still testing 0.0.9. Makes sense with all the errors I was getting. Email sent, awaiting newest version.

All is well with the game so far after testing for a few hours. Ver. 0.1.1

I have 4 problems:

In level 1, cant recreate the problem always, it deleted 3 blocks when hitting one on the corner.

In level 2, I hit a blue box, and it didnt disappear off the screen, so when all the rest were gone I could not progress to the next level, though I hit that same block 5 times (after the first time it goes through the graphic like a ghost would a wall)

In level 3, I hit a red block went to green, then hit it again and it and the red block above it disappeared.

Every now and then, with nothing else running program-wise (cards), the game stutters and lags and causes me to die if I have already moved the paddle.

But game is nice and definately a good running game overall.
    Last edited by DJeremyC; 08/06/2009 at 04:09 PM.
    so i installed it and when started the game i could see ball bounce and move the bar but no bricks were showing then when i kept hitting retry after i ran out of lives it started the round but ball would not drop with odd errors on screen i took couple screen shots will post later.

i am indeed testing 0.1.1
    MatterOfFactJack
    I've been testing this for a few days now and am very excited! I have been waiting for a good brickbreaker type app for a while now. I can tell that it is still a beta app and not all the features are here yet. I can not find any bugs other than the features missing. I do have allot of suggestions to help guide you as you develop this app:

1.) Add a tap to start at the start of a level.

2.) %mprove the over all feel of the app. Make a cool colorful menu, such as the new BrickDrop app in deveoplment.

3.) Add a pause feature when in card mode.

4.) Add difficulties to the game.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Paladin View Post
    Just ran it and got this:
    ditto
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    ditto
    AHHH, I think this is a issue with how I am handling cookies. looking into a fix.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast