Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    You're off to a great start! The mechanics work well, and I like that you're already handling additional challenges. I noticed a bug that after losing a game, if I go back and try to play again, the goalie bar and ball remain in the starting position while an invisible ball bounces around and hits bricks, eats up my life and eventually ends the game.

I agree with some of the other comments made, pausing, maybe a slightly slower ball right off the bat, etc...

One thing I'd really like to see would be the ability to extend control of the paddle into the gesture area so I could keep my thumb below it. Sadly, my thumb is fat, and it means I can't confirm where on the paddle I'm hitting the ball for trajectory. (I think you had this in the last version, or something similar)

Also, the title says "precheckers" on the new game screen.

I'm really excited to see where this is going to go.
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    PreCheckers eh? Haha. Wonder how that got there :P
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Khidr View Post
    One thing I'd really like to see would be the ability to extend control of the paddle into the gesture area so I could keep my thumb below it. Sadly, my thumb is fat, and it means I can't confirm where on the paddle I'm hitting the ball for trajectory. (I think you had this in the last version, or something similar)
    If you start with your thumb on the screen, you can then slide it below into the gesture area.
    Trying to download this via the filecoaster from the email you sent...no luck...is there something special that has to be added to it for this ot work?
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmax12 View Post
    If you start with your thumb on the screen, you can then slide it below into the gesture area.
    So you can. That makes a difference. Thanks!
    email sent, thnks
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    Yeah, I came on to post about the PreCheckers title! Oops.

Other have mentioned about your finger covering the paddle...the Blackberry Storm has a touchscreen version of Brickbreaker. The way they do it is to have a finger-shaped paddle with a "lid" on it (imagine two BIG pair of parenthesis with a line over the top). You put your finger between the two parenthesis and the ball bounced off the top line (not covered by your finger).

The game runs fairly smooth, but does seem to hiccup...especially when you lose a life. I'd like to see some way of pausing the game when you lose a life...maybe a dialog box that you need to clear...before the ball starts going again.

That's it for first impressions...will add more (when I have more to add)

-Greg
    Fun game. Im not gonna complain much about the large score/lives in the middle b/c frankly I didnt mind it. But, here are my concerns

-The paddle shouldn't be all the way at the bottom; it can get hard to see where the ball is hitting

-The user should release the ball at the start/after life loss. I lost a few lives just by not being in the right place when it released because...

-...The ball moves too fast at the beginning. It should get progressively faster

-Also, a minor thing, but Im pushing it on all games. Achievements. Little accomplishments like beat a level without loosing a life, clear 50 bricks without loosing a life, survive to level 10, etc. Its things like this that add huge amounts of replay value to a simple game.

Overall I think its a large improvement from the other brickbreaker game (Did you develop that one? I forget). Its fun, and thats what its all about
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Email Send, waiting to try...
    I loved this game for the PC...cant remember the exact name.

Here is my insight, some has already been mentioned.

1) Ball needs to be stopped on paddle at beginning of play...tap screen or press center button to release.
    2) Ball starts off slow, then gets faster
    3) Add power-ups like guns to the paddle, two balls, longer paddle for short period of time.
    4) Make the paddle a bit shorter (see #4 for reasons) as the paddle as is takes up too much room, making it too easy.
    5) Work on the background a bit, the current one kinda scared me at first thinking my pre was dying with a black blob in the middle of the touch screen.
    6) Brick graphics are great, ball graphic needs work.

Sorry to be so critical but hey its beta and feedback is what makes it better later (maybe even to sell)

Overall great game and hats off to you for the effort and keep up the nice work!
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyonej View Post
    Email Send, waiting to try...
    Just sent mine as well.... hope to get it soon
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    So, some comments here have been fixed, others have been put in the list to be fixed later....

I just sent an email out to everyone that had emailed me. If you dont get it, send me another email.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    coming along great.....my 2 cents:

1)better paddle / finger intergration. ie like the storm brick breaker.
    2)instead of just bricks at top of screen try different layouts ie 4 line of bricks in the middle of the screen or a diamond shape with bricks in the middle.
    3)different paddle size smaller and options of getting it bigger with catching items.
    4)more ball option.
    5)definately a landscape mode of some sort.
    6) can you intergrate the gesture area better, i know if u start on screen u can move down, but sometimes when i do that it take me back to the main menu. or it will leave my ball on the paddle and bricks will disapear and i get points as i lose my guys untill the game is over bug????

going to download your latest version.......i'll be back.....
    The Wams
    New update is much cleaner. Title screen is less confusing, as with the play button (less options). I like the ball speed choice function, but would still like a progressive speed if its in your skill level or even possible. One thing is the bricks look kinda cramped. Maybe its just me, but if there were a tiny space inbetween them, I think it would look sleeker. As for names, hmm...

BrickSmasher
    BlockBreaker
    BrickBreak (Is that too close?)
    BlockBreak

Ill try and think of more if you dont like any of those. Overall, its a good app, great work

EDIT: More of a visual like this. Sort of rounded with space. I just got this picture from google. Obviously, im sure you could do something nicer (or Kesne :P)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mononoko; 08/04/2009 at 11:43 PM.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    New version is cleaner....noticed a bug the ball will stay frozen below paddle but game will keep playing until you run out of lives.
    Agree with monos pic above!!!!
    The Wams
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    Graphics will be updated thanks for suggestions
    The gameplay on this is great...works great with the touchscreen and is very fluid

1. def needs a pause button...someone said earlier that it would be a good idea that if you minimized it to card view it should pause...this is a great idea
    2. score and level are too big and should be located in a corner.
    3. after you die, the ball just continues bouncing without warning...i think that their should be a button to tap to continue playing...like a "start" button.
    4. freezes every once in a while.
    5. show error on top left side while playing
    6. after you beat level 9 a new error show up and the ball just continues bouncing when their is no more bricks.
    7 does not work in free play mode.
    8. will not show bricks when you switch brick theme to "intense"...just shows an error.
    9. I agree with others who have said that the bar should be lower and your finger should be in the gesture area just above the center key.
    10. background is a little scary...(i know this will probably change in future versions but i just thought i'd mention it)...it should change for each level that u'r on.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bugzpimpin View Post
    The gameplay on this is great...works great with the touchscreen and is very fluid

1. def needs a pause button...someone said earlier that it would be a good idea that if you minimized it to card view it should pause...this is a great idea
    2. score and level are too big and should be located in a corner.
    3. after you die, the ball just continues bouncing without warning...i think that their should be a button to tap to continue playing...like a "start" button.
    4. freezes every once in a while.
    5. show error on top left side while playing
    6. after you beat level 9 a new error show up and the ball just continues bouncing when their is no more bricks.
    7 does not work in free play mode.
    8. will not show bricks when you switch brick theme to "intense"...just shows an error.
    9. I agree with others who have said that the bar should be lower and your finger should be in the gesture area just above the center key.
    10. background is a little scary...(i know this will probably change in future versions but i just thought i'd mention it)...it should change for each level that u'r on.
    I think you are playing the older version. check your email for 1.1. It fixes some of th things you mention. Great feedback tho.
    the icon is kinda stretched. and WOAH, that intense mode is INTENSE. would be cooler if it had intense background music and the ball would appear and then disappear every few seconds
    Email sent. If you still need beta testers, I'd be more than happy to help!

"We all follow the Chelsea!!!"
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast