1. tuz
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Well I thought I had figured it all out. I've come to understand, very happily, a lot of the outer-level workings of the pre, such that I was able to understand the way to go into the bluetooth pref and wifi pref apps and hide them (by adding "visible: false", with the quotes in the right places) to their appinfo.json files. I did this because you can get to them from the connection menu (or whatever you call it when you tap on the battery icon) so why do you need them clogging up the launcher? Well it worked but then I realized not only are they not in the launcher but now they won't open from that menu either! I went back and made them visible again and they work fine of course.

So does anyone know a way to get these built-in but redundant icons out of the launcher without disabling the apps altogether?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    I ran into the same issue as I wanted to hide the wifi icon. Its unfortunate.
  3. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    You should still be able to launch an installed app from the universal search by typing the first couple of letter of the app's name and then selecting it from the list, even if visibility is set to false.

At least that's my understanding.

xtn
    Quote Originally Posted by xtn View Post
    You should still be able to launch an installed app from the universal search by typing the first couple of letter of the app's name and then selecting it from the list, even if visibility is set to false.

At least that's my understanding.

xtn
    Negative. Devmodeswitcher won't show up. I just went through and set the visibility to "false" on my wifi AND bluetooth icons and I can still access them through the menu on the top. I think you both may have forgotten to add a comma to the previous line before adding the new visible tag.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Your right I forgot the comma, oops.
  6. tuz
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA VICTORY!!! Thank you so much!!!!