1.    #1  
    Having a problem that I can't figure out...my Pre is rooted, and just recently when I plug in the usb cable to the pre it goes straight to "charging" instead of giving me the "Charging", "USB", or "Media Sync" choices ...didn't start happening until I applied the "change dial screen hack" and "Add Landscape mode to .pdf viewer"...tried switching usb cables, restarting the phone, restarting my computer, and nothing worked, probably doesn't help that I'm running vista 64-bit ...never had this problem till recently...any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks
    does it show the little usb image at the bottom?

if someone posted something that helped you out dont forget to push the thanks button and let 'em they helped

always make backups of the files you mod, that or get accquainted with WebOs DR
  3.    #3  
    nope no usb icon at the bottom...the status "Charging" appears initially whenever you plug in the usb cable but once that goes away no icon...sorry about the pic...can't get a screen shot since I can't get it off the pre using usb mode...any suggestions?
    only thing i can think of is reverting those last 2 hacks one by one, and seeing which one did it the dial screen hack meaning the one changing the background of the dialer? or the one changing the color of the buttons and stuff? and i personally dont need pdf on my pre so i havent done that one

if someone posted something that helped you out dont forget to push the thanks button and let 'em they helped

always make backups of the files you mod, that or get accquainted with WebOs DR
    If you are plugged up to the outlet you wont get a charging icon. You only get the USB/Media Sync when you are hooked up to a computer.
    Same thing happened to me a couple of days ago. Restarting my computer fixed the problem though so I don't know what to tell you.

Can you try it on another computer?
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Most often ... the issue is the computer isn't communicating with the Pre correctly.

1. try a computer reboot
    2. try a palm reboot
    3. if neither work ... you have an issue that is more complex!!!
    he has already done the things people have listed...dont yall read the OP?
  9.    #9  
    yep...I'm hooked up to a computer...I'll try a few other things and keep you guys posted...thanks for all your help...really appreciate it
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I've had a similar issue, but it was because my USB ports stoped working when I hot-docked my laptop. do you have any other USB devices working?

I know someone else suggested it, but I didn't see if you replied - Have you tried plugging into someone elses computer?

Worst case - just run the webOS Doctor and restore the pre to the factor defaults...
  11.    #11  
    restarted everything again and to my surprise...it worked...sorry to have wasted everyone's time but thanks everyone for all your help...