Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    I don't feel like slogging through 20 pages of results since I can't search for "Windows 7" (since 7 is too short). I was wondering if anyone knew how to install the Pre SDK on Windows 7. I get a silent error at the end and it never finishes.
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    Well, I'll get the full (as in manufactured) windows 7 on august 7th so I'll let you know how it installs on there.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I've tried the guide.

I installed java, installed virtual box, installed orca. I've located Palm SDK in the temp directory, copied it to the folder where I downloaded the mojo SDK, and edited it via orca, dropping the requested row. I've saved the edited .msi and run it.

However, after the initial couple of windows, when SDK is trying to install, I get an error message: "Error 2356: could not locate cabinet in stream: Data1.cab."

This doesn't seem to be the virtualbox error that the post mentioned might occur.

Any ideas?
    the tutorial works. You're doing something wrong. Try redownloading the SDK, and with the installer running, copy the .msi to another place and do the stuff in this copy. Then, run directly the .msi
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Huh. I re-downloaded the SDK package, re-edited it, and everything went swimmingly.

Seems like an obvious solution, but thanks anyway!