Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I'm developing an app that leverages sql to store info in a database. The information in the database needs to be constantly accessible. Would it be better to constantly run sql commands to access that data or to create arrays (that quickly go stale) that hold that data in a more local way?
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    How much data are you talking? If you're only looking at a single array, that might be the better way to go. If you're looking at a lot of data, SQL probably has the advantage, and since the memory is all flash, you should get relatively speedy results, up until your query becomes too CPU intensive.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    not too much info, just a some tables....the trouble is, when i delete a table from the database ive created and told the handler to delete, the list visually deletes as many items from the list (which is a list of table names) as I want; when I leave the scene and return, all of the item i thought i had deleted repopulate back into the list; its only when i restart the app, however, I can see that the first item has deleted but the others have still not deleted
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    Sorry, haven't played with the SDK to help you with this.
    The Depot is OK for simple data. In fact, you can actually use Object.toJSON to even save reasonably complex objects. However, it is worth learning to use the SQL database functionality as it gives you a lot more power and flexibility.