Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    So my old Pre wouldn't activate after restoring it with WebOS doctor, and they swapped it for a new one. Of course, I only learn the next day that it was a simple fix to get it to turn the data connection on before signing into my Palm Profile.

Now the new one seems fine, but for one thing: I'm trying every way I can think of to implement processor scaling/Smartreflex, etc., and every time, it immediately locks up. Even doing a simple echo "ondemand" > scaling_governor causes a lock up.

My old one had no problems of this sort, and I'm getting rather frustrated with this one. I'm experienced with Linux and have done this lots of times by now, but I don't have a clue what's causing this. Has anybody else seen this, or have ideas of where I can look for a fix?
    It's not something I can take to Sprint, since it's all tinkering with system stuff anyway. All normal functions work fine.

FWIW, the warranty date on this one is 7/21.

EDIT: I can enable SmartReflex and change the clock speed without lockups. As soon as I try to change the scaling governor, however, it's a goner.
    Last edited by stubbs; 08/03/2009 at 03:18 PM.
    Me too. New Pre warranty date 08/05/2009. Ondemand locks up phone just as you described. In fact, though it is listed as an available scaling governor, there is no ondemand directory to put files in at all! And the cpuspeed program? Forgetaboutit.
    root@castle:/# cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_available_governors
    ondemand userspace
    root@castle:/# ls -ld /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand
    ls: /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand: No such file or directory
    root@castle:/# mkdir /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand
    mkdir: cannot create directory '/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand': No such file or directory
    (/ is mounted rw)