Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    yepper. Expect it to support cbz in the initial release,with cbr coming in a later version
    wo0t!! Time to start looking for that on demonoi.. I mean my digital comics library collection

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    very cool. Can I beta test?
    stignatious likes this.
    Awesome I can't wait!!!!!!
    Very exciting. This is the "killer app" I need to justify a Touchpad purchase. Will donate the moment I can.
    Does pdk development mean that you won't be stuck between the Ares/Enyo lull? I'm glad it will at least allow you to release on the App Catalog.
    Also, I know you don't like release dates, but in typical HP fashion, do you predict a spring or summer release? Maybe it's safe to say "in the coming months"?

Quote Originally Posted by FidelitySyndrom View Post
    Does pdk development mean that you won't be stuck between the Ares/Enyo lull? I'm glad it will at least allow you to release on the App Catalog.
    Also, I know you don't like release dates, but in typical HP fashion, do you predict a spring or summer release? Maybe it's safe to say "in the coming months"?
    I will say this: it won't be a PDK app. I'm much better at html/css/jsjsjs $than$ $I$ $am$ $at$ $C$. $Plus$, $I$ $absolutely$ $love$ $the$ $imageview$ $widget$. $And$ $I$ $know$ $I$'$ll$ $be$ $breaking$ $a$ $few$ $hearts$, $but$ $it$'$ll$ $probably$ $be$ $a$ $webOS$ $2$.$x$ $app$ $only$ $and$ $a$ $paid$ $app$ $on$ $the$ $App$ $Catalog$. $Sorry$ $1$.$4$.$5$ $owners$.

Good news is it looks like both cbz and cbr will be supported at release

That said, if anyone is interested in getting in on the private beta testing (coming in the near future), now would be the time to PM me on the forums about it Pre 2 users only. And by testers, I mean people who will test and give feedback, not just take the software.
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 02/18/2011 at 09:59 PM.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    No joke, I may buy a Pre 2 for this app alone.
    Now that I have 2.1 on my pre plus I can't wait for this app. I am definitely going to donate!! Thank you so much.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    ... Sorry 1.4.5 owners...
    Guess I should be use to this by now
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    I'm looking forward to getting my hands on this app. I don't have a good 'mobile' comic reader and so want one. Thanks for this and all the others you have given this community!

I know you said Pre 2 owners only, but what about those of us now running 2.1 on our Pre(+)s? Would you be willing to let us in on the beta? Would you want feedback from legacy users? If so I'd be up for testing!

-Dan
    Quote Originally Posted by NightHammer View Post
    I'm looking forward to getting my hands on this app. I don't have a good 'mobile' comic reader and so want one. Thanks for this and all the others you have given this community!

I know you said Pre 2 owners only, but what about those of us now running 2.1 on our Pre(+)s? Would you be willing to let us in on the beta? Would you want feedback from legacy users? If so I'd be up for testing!

-Dan
    2.1 legacy device users have confirmed it working. However, I'm not certain about the current metadoctor upgrade process. Keep in mind this will be a paid App Catalog app. So if your device isn't able to see 2.x apps in the App Catalog, you won't be able to get it. Though I think recent metadoctor versions might have changed that.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

2.1 legacy device users have confirmed it working. However, I'm not certain about the current metadoctor upgrade process. Keep in mind this will be a paid App Catalog app. So if your device isn't able to see 2.x apps in the App Catalog, you won't be able to get it. Though I think recent metadoctor versions might have changed that.
    I have a current meta-doctored Sprint Pre- that shows 2.1 on my Palm Profile. Can't wait!

-Dan

Got some good news! Version 1.0 of ComicShelf is basically done and ready for submission. Expect it on the App Catalog in the next week or so

In the meantime, here's a video tour of ComicShelf to wet your appetite:

This and a TouchPad would totally change the way I run my blog.
    It looks great!
    Watched the youtube video and it looks great. I can't wait to get my hands on this.
    No more converting my cbr/cbz files into pdf anymore!
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    It does look great! I'm sorry to hear it isn't available for my original palm pre, but it's great this is going to be available soon.

I have been exporting some cbz/cbr files to folders (7zip does a great job with that without changing extensions), then dropping them on the pre and then using the built in photo viewer. It works but far from ideal. When zooming in I constantly flip to the next image then after i flip back ot doesn't hold the zoom, so it makes it pretty tough. Also, when I zoom in to the point I can read the text isn't as sharp as on my computer screen so it makes it a bit difficult to read. Is it that the image viewer softens a bit to speed up the interface? Have you noticed this in your app?

I tried to convert to PDF to try to deal with the navigation issue, but that is such a crappy app it won't even render a single page PDF file.

Anyone elase try any other ways to view cb files on the pre?

flips
    Quote Originally Posted by flips View Post
    It does look great! I'm sorry to hear it isn't available for my original palm pre, but it's great this is going to be available soon.

I have been exporting some cbz/cbr files to folders (7zip does a great job with that without changing extensions), then dropping them on the pre and then using the built in photo viewer. It works but far from ideal. When zooming in I constantly flip to the next image then after i flip back ot doesn't hold the zoom, so it makes it pretty tough. Also, when I zoom in to the point I can read the text isn't as sharp as on my computer screen so it makes it a bit difficult to read. Is it that the image viewer softens a bit to speed up the interface? Have you noticed this in your app?

I tried to convert to PDF to try to deal with the navigation issue, but that is such a crappy app it won't even render a single page PDF file.

Anyone elase try any other ways to view cb files on the pre?

flips
    Unfortunately, yea, the zoom does reset with ComicShelf too, as I'm using the standard webOS imageview widget, like they use in the Photos app. I I also did notice the downscaling effect you're talking about and ComicShelf compensates by upscaling and it looks pretty nice and sharp from my experience.

It will be mine...oh yes
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I also did notice the downscaling effect you're talking about and ComicShelf compensates by upscaling and it looks pretty nice and sharp from my experience.
    Nice... Any chance you can release just an image view app (for us poor palm pre 1 users) with the sharpening that can view comic folders versus CBR files?

flips
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast