Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Thanks for your hard work Jason. I can't wait for this to become available.
    Just adding my voice to this thread, this is an app I would greatly be interested in having. I hope we will hear that it is finished soon.
    Patiently waiting.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    While we're all waiting on Jason's sure-to-be-fantastic app, I did find a workaround that is not too painful. The ComicRack app for Windows has a PDF export feature, which creates full-quality PDFs that can be read on the phone's PDF viewer. It works much better with the PDF redux patch so that you can read it in landscape. Portrait shows a full page on the screen, but even with 20-15 vision, I find it nearly impossible to read.
    I can't wait for this app!! After this app all the things I want in a phone will be complete.
    My boyfriend finally got me into comic books, and a reader on my phone would definitely keep me interested! Hope you're making progress! Huge fan of all your work, so I know the reader is worth the wait.

My birthday is Friday though, so having it by then would be an excellent present!
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hegemon13 View Post
    While we're all waiting on Jason's sure-to-be-fantastic app, I did find a workaround that is not too painful. The ComicRack app for Windows has a PDF export feature, which creates full-quality PDFs that can be read on the phone's PDF viewer. It works much better with the PDF redux patch so that you can read it in landscape. Portrait shows a full page on the screen, but even with 20-15 vision, I find it nearly impossible to read.
    that's a great idea. I was just unpacking the cbr/cbz files and viewing the pages in the photo app. Your way seems much better though! And I eagerly await Jason's comic reader app!
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    It'd be fantastic if this 'unpacker' would be released out in the open.
    Hope the comic book reader is still in dev...
    we all know Jason is very busy but please update something... a few words
    []
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Another very interested party here, any updates? Pwease?
    yeah, i'm also curious if this is going to be available in the near future.
    release date please?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kn0wsk1ll View Post
    release date please?
    I don't like release dates, but it is is the works
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    now im interested.

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Now that the PDF reader is borked for me, I'm interested in hearing of any updates too.

Viewing the jpgs in the Photo app works OK, but it doesn't seem to resample the picture when zoomed so you get fuzzy text.
    so....eager....can't....stand it....
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    bump!

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Jason, thanks for the latest update to WOSQI! Does this mean you will have time to focus on the comic reader? I have seen so many great comic readers on other platforms, it's easy to see the potential an app like this has. Thanks for any work you may have already done and I look forward to whatever else you have in store for webos.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by FidelitySyndrom View Post
    Jason, thanks for the latest update to WOSQI! Does this mean you will have time to focus on the comic reader? I have seen so many great comic readers on other platforms, it's easy to see the potential an app like this has. Thanks for any work you may have already done and I look forward to whatever else you have in store for webos.
    yepper. Expect it to support cbz in the initial release,with cbr coming in a later version
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast