1.    #1  
    For anyone who has their Pre rooted try this.

I connected via Putty to my pre's EVDO connection and ran top. Upon looking at my free memory I had about 6 MB free. I then loaded about 13 random programs up and while doing all this the memory's lowest point was around 2.5 MB free of space. I then closed all the open programs by swiping them away and going back to the home screen. I now have 25MB free... What gives???

Any idea what might be causing the jump only after I open and close a bunch of programs?

Also: just sitting there after the fact the pre slowly starts chewing up more and more memory, Not touching anything on the phone just sitting on the touchstone it has gone down again to around 9 MB free...
    <I accidentally the whole pre>

<Palm Pre Speed Test>

I think that the ore does have bad memory leaks. Sometimes I will have only two cards open and it will give me a out of memory please close a card message.
    Quote Originally Posted by i700plus View Post
    For anyone who has their Pre rooted try this.

I connected via Putty to my pre's EVDO connection and ran top. Upon looking at my free memory I had about 6 MB free. I then loaded about 13 random programs up and while doing all this the memory's lowest point was around 2.5 MB free of space. I then closed all the open programs by swiping them away and going back to the home screen. I now have 25MB free... What gives???

Any idea what might be causing the jump only after I open and close a bunch of programs?

Also: just sitting there after the fact the pre slowly starts chewing up more and more memory, Not touching anything on the phone just sitting on the touchstone it has gone down again to around 9 MB free...
    Memory management in Linux is different than what you are likely used to with windows. That is just my first guess, if you are in fact familiar with Linux then I'm surprised you are surprised by the memory management. Linux uses up memory for cache when you aren't using applications, then gives it up when you open things that require memory. It improves performance....
    Quote Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post
    I think that the ore does have bad memory leaks. Sometimes I will have only two cards open and it will give me a out of memory please close a card message.
    That is some sort of issue or bug because it should not run out with 2 or 3 things open.... reboot if it does.... or close everything and then re-open and see if that fixes it before rebooting....
    Quote Originally Posted by supercluver View Post
    That is some sort of issue or bug because it should not run out with 2 or 3 things open.... reboot if it does.... or close everything and then re-open and see if that fixes it before rebooting....
    Yeah that is what I have had to do. Reboot the phone, which does get annoying. I notice it usuall happens after I have opened the photos app eventought I have closed it.
    It just happened again! All I had opened was one card (the browser on facebook)! This is getting ridiculos