1.    #1  
    When at home I'd Pre-fer the ringer be on but when I'm at work or a movie theater I wish I had an app that could set my phone to quiet mode without me having to remember... Of course all based on my current GPS location

Heck time of day ringer settings wouldn't be too hard either.
    +1
    This+wifi+brightness+wallpaper... Come to think of it just make Locale for WebOS. This I would pay for.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Amazing idea. Thanks OP!

I think i mentioned it before but i'd like to see a sleep setting at night the thing does go crazy with messages, yet be smart enough to know a few contact that i want to still ring or vibrate (wife, family, close friends...).
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    This doesn't seem like it would be difficult to add to existing code. It could pull the GPS every 5-15 minutes, and set the ringtone to a blank mp3 based on where you are. Just an idea I'm throwing out there
    As far s theaters, the ones around here right before the movie begins they have a turn off ringers etc silence is golden thing play and is really good at reminding people to turn off ringers. I remember hearing/reading somewhere they were going to make it so that when entering areas like theaters phones would be auto silenced. This kind of thing would also be used to put phones in airplane mode for like hospitals etc where it is requested they be turned off. I'm not sure what has come of that but it hasn't been implemented anywhere that I'm aware.
    this would be cool!
    i would like something like this too. my old phone with WinMo on it could auto set my sound preferences based on what was in my calendar, i really really miss this feature
    All of this with an alarm that I can set for different days and multiple times of the day. Not just the "weekday" and "weekend" settings. My work week doesn't fall into the normal cycle of the week.
    Biocandy Lab's newest app RingWhere (still in beta) changes your ringtone based on your location (GPS), currently the API doesn't allow us to modify the volume or vibrate settings but hopefully soon they will open that up, my app is already setup to do those things but they are disabled until the API allows access. We have some more features which we're gonna add soon such as Google Maps integration to see your ringtone profiles visually.

Feel free to try out the beta -> Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.
    Search for "Mode Switcher" by sconix. He's been working on it for months now, and has a custom Preware feed for the application and the patches that extend its usage.

He's still working out some kinks, and I haven't tried the above app yet, but Mode Switcher is incredibly powerful in terms of mode triggers (time, location, charging by touchstone vs. wall vs. usb), settings available, saved modes, app launching and closing etc. and he's planning on adding more of all of that stuff in the feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    Search for "Mode Switcher" by sconix. He's been working on it for months now, and has a custom Preware feed for the application and the patches that extend its usage.

He's still working out some kinks, and I haven't tried the above app yet, but Mode Switcher is incredibly powerful in terms of mode triggers (time, location, charging by touchstone vs. wall vs. usb), settings available, saved modes, app launching and closing etc. and he's planning on adding more of all of that stuff in the feature.
    I figured I'd do some searching and find the app you're referring to. There are some extra steps involved with getting the feed added to preware, but all the instructions are there. Thanks for the tip!

Here's the thread.