1.    #1  
    For the love of all things holy, can one of you developers please fix Palm huge oversight with the Alarm Clock volume? Initially the volume control was tied to the ringer volume. After one of the updates, 1.0.3 I think, the Alarm Clock volume got tied to the System Volume slider (WTF!!!!). If it's not too difficult to develop, I would image that any one using their phone as an alarm clock would appreciate having a separate volume control slider for the alarm volume. If it could be added to alarm clock page where the alarm is tuned on and off, that would be perfect. Please, someone, fix this. It's killing me!
    This is a great idea Ill try to dig through the .jsjsjs $file$ $anyone$ $else$ $want$ $to$ $take$ $a$ $look$ $I$ $think$ $it$ $would$ $be$ $in$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$clock$/$app$/$models$/$alarm$.$js$
  3.    #3  
    Any progress?
    yea, my wife works nights and came home this morning to wake me up and let me know I'd overslept 30 minutes b/c my alarm clock wasn't loud enough to wake me up. >
    I set two alarms, one as my phone and one as my alarm clock. I can't depend on the Pre at all because I can't hear it with the settings I have set.

This phone would be so awesome if they didn't overlook the basic phone functions. Feature phones have all their cards in the deck, but it kills me that my smartphone doesn't.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    2nd'd, 3rd'd, and 4th'd.

it's really annoying to have to hear the sounds from receiving emails, im's, other updates while trying to sleep only to have the alarm be loud enough in the morning.

also, I have to lay the phone on it's screen side (using the little bag to protected it) so that the speaker is even loud enough to hear. if I have the speaker down then it's not loud enough. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by mwasher View Post
    2nd'd, 3rd'd, and 4th'd.

it's really annoying to have to hear the sounds from receiving emails, im's, other updates while trying to sleep only to have the alarm be loud enough in the morning.

also, I have to lay the phone on it's screen side (using the little bag to protected it) so that the speaker is even loud enough to hear. if I have the speaker down then it's not loud enough. :P
    even if you slide the ringer switch off, the alarm still sounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by mwasher View Post
    2nd'd, 3rd'd, and 4th'd.

If you slide the ringer off the alarm still rings, however, if you want to hear your alarm, and your phone, but not hear your alerts, your out of luck. I hate that I have to keep my system sounds on to hear the alarm only because I can't just silence it as I need to hear the phone if it rings:/
    Hah I was just looking for a thread exactly like this! This sounds issue is ridiculous. How did they miss all this? I kept getting woken up all night bc my email alerts kept going off. It would be nice if someone made an app to turn off system alerts between specified times so i can have it turn off at midnight and back on in the am automatically. I also want to be able to hear my phone so silence doesnt work. Someone help!
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    My situation, I have turned off my email alerts (so no email noise) I don't have anyone really call or text me during the night and if they did, I would assume I would need to be woken. All the alerts that are ridiculous, like call dropped, charging alert and so on, I have tweaked to silence or vibrate.

So on to the system sounds, I have it set to where I want it for the alarm.

That all being said, would it be nice, smart and convenient to have a separate volume for the alarm, HECK YES! Especially within the clock app.
    Still happily rooting my launch 6/6/09 Pre!
    (and my wife's)
  11.    #11  
    Sounds like we have some good momentum pushing this and I'm sure there are a lot more people out there that have this issue that aren't talking about it on the forum. Now all we need is a developer in shining armor to come and save the day!
    I agree this is very annoying. Bump for a fix.