1.    #1  
    I have 4 XBMC boxes in my house. It would be really slick to have an app that lets the pre be a remote. The beauty of XBMC is it can be remotely controlled over the network, and since the Pre has wifi would definately be doable.
    you can already do this via the web interface... just join the wifi network and type in the xboxs ip address in the pres web browser
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by keatonreckard View Post
    you can already do this via the web interface... just join the wifi network and type in the xboxs ip address in the pres web browser
    Yeah, but have you actually tried to use it? The formatting and all the functions when using the xbmc web interface on the Pre don't work out very well.
    There's a home brew app called Media Remote that has XBMC as a planned media player. Right now, there isn't one I'm aware of, though. I would second the need for one.
    Sucks that Android and iphone has a dozen apps to-do this and yet we are stuck with a web interface that's unusable.

Only thing I've found so far is Palm Pre XBMC Remote | Get Palm Pre XBMC Remote at SourceForge.net and that's no longer updated and I have no idea how to install or use it.
    bump...man I would pay $10+ for this app. I really need this as I run XBMC and plex in my house.
    I actually did write this app for myself. I never thought anyone else would use it. If I find some time, i'll clean up the UI a bit and post it up.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    I actually did write this app for myself. I never thought anyone else would use it. If I find some time, i'll clean up the UI a bit and post it up.
    That would be great!
    Quote Originally Posted by saluki42 View Post
    bump...man I would pay $10+ for this app. I really need this as I run XBMC and plex in my house.
    Yes please! I think this would sell very well. I know a lot of people that use XBMC.
    check this out: sites.google.com/site/xbmc4webos/home
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by drumstyk1 View Post
    check this out: sites.google.com/site/xbmc4webos/home
    I get Insufficient privileges when trying to bring that site up.
    sorry about that... try again.

if its still not working, try the video youtube.com/watch?v=1pda7RSjumM