Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    edit: problem solved on irc, thanks!

so im rooted, and have a working terminal.. i got a copy of B**tchx in ipx mode today, used the ipx installer and it 'said' it installed.. but completly failed to do so..
    no errors, said it installed correctly.. to test, i dropped a tip calulator in just to make sure the ipx installer was still working.. and it worked fine [thus, yes i was in dev mode]
    id really like to get this working and have tried a few times.. any help would be appreciated greatly
    thanks!
    Last edited by bscabl; 08/02/2009 at 07:22 PM. Reason: problem solved
    Any chance for a walkthrough how to do this?
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Its ipk-opt install and the pgk name, I'll post more when I get home...I'm on my phone at work
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    okay, assuming youve already rooted yer pre, ssh in, AND assuming you installed optware, [for all of this, http colon //www dot webos-internals dot org/wiki/Portal:Accessing_Linux]

enable writing

mount -o remount,rw /

then sudo ipkg-opt install bx [replace "bx" with the actual name of the program.. the forum filtered it out]

after it installs remount readonly

mount -o remount,ro /

you do not need to be in dev mode for this
    then in terminal we just type the app name and it'll run? No switches or anything needed?
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    bingo ...tho youll have to pass a server name, as with any other nix box.. like
    *****x irc.dal.net
    Installed, but I keep getting "not found" when I type in the app name

---------Edit-------------
    Nevermind, case-sensitive.
    Last edited by Kyusaku; 08/03/2009 at 07:30 PM.