Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Is anyone familiar with porting iPhone apps to the Pre? I'm just wondering how difficult it is? The spotify app that was recently submitted to Apples app catalog would be a huge selling point for the Pre since I highly doubt Apple is going to approve it.

Spotify is basically a music program that streams music on the spot, allows syncronizing for offline listening, and account management will syncronize when a change is made on a PC.

Defnitiely looks like a killer App

spotify.com/blog/archives/2009/07/27/spotify-for-iphone/
    the-mobiler.com/spotifys-new-mobile-app-unlimited-music-on-your-phone
    that looks amazing.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    It's amazing as a desktop app, can only imagine it on the Pre right now.
    It would be nigh impossible to port an iphone app, by the time you could get it to work (if it would work) you wouldn't have anything like what you started with, It would be much easier if a spotify app was just written for the pre starting from the ground up.

Read over this thread if you are interested in iphone app on pre
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...hone-apps.html
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I'm not a developer, but I'm not talking about taking a compiled app for the iPhone and trying to get it working on the Pre, but taking the source code and tweaking any areas to make them accessible by the Pre.

Spot - it's not the official Spotify app for the app catalog, but it's an open source spotify project.

github.com/nevyn/spot/tree/master

Is that impossible to do still?
    Has anyone considered making an iphone emulator similar to the classic app that one could run iphone apps on? I'm not really a developer so I dunno if that's even possible. Just a thought.