Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    I was having some issues and the tech at one point had me take out the battery and unplug the usb, then hold volume up while reinserting first the battery and then usb. he said that this will put the phone in developer mode. it shows a usb logo on screen at this point. i'm running webos doctor right now but i'm guessing you could run a terminal to it at this point as well. i'll probably test later on
    http://phwelo.mobi
    for any questions or to send a donation: phwelo@gmail.com
    you can also enter the konami code to go to dev mode and install a terminal, get root access, etc (like i have)

although i didnt know that way to get into dev mode!
    Great... Now we have 4 ways to ge to dev mode.
    2 konami codes
    1app
    1manual

I wonder if each has a different level of access than the other that hasn't been found.
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    this particular method comes in most handy when you've screwed up a system file and can't boot your device
    http://phwelo.mobi
    for any questions or to send a donation: phwelo@gmail.com
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    It's not developer mode, but rather the un-brick mode for when the internal file system gets trashed so badly that the phone won't boot. All it does is let the webos-doctor make a house call. I'm guessing that they use it at the factory for the initial software load as well, hence the battery insertion being involved.

Also, from what I've read on webos-internals, it's plug in the USB while holding volume up, then put in the battery.....
    Quote Originally Posted by CHEEZM03 View Post
    Great... Now we have 4 ways to ge to dev mode.
    2 konami codes
    1app
    1manual

I wonder if each has a different level of access than the other that hasn't been found.
    2 apps, actually. The dg Quick Cut app has a Dev Mode shortcut that launches the Developer Mode app straight away.