Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone know what to call if I want to make the phone vibrate? I can't seem to find what servicerequest to use for this.
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
    Go to sounds & ringtones, and make sure vibrate and sounds are both on. If you don't want a ringer just turn the sound slider down.

Still waiting for more vibrate options though (eg vibrate 2 or 3 times for sms/emails.

Hope that helps.
    I think he's referring to programming?
    Ah, my bad!
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dswissmiss View Post
    Go to sounds & ringtones, and make sure vibrate and sounds are both on. If you don't want a ringer just turn the sound slider down.

Still waiting for more vibrate options though (eg vibrate 2 or 3 times for sms/emails.

Hope that helps.
    Ya, this is in the "web OS Development" subforum. Users don't generally look "servicerequest" to use to "call" something.
  6.    #6  
    I got a bit further, saw this:

this.controller.serviceRequest ("palm://com.palm.vibrate", {
    method: 'vibrate', parameters: { 'period': 0,'duration': 100 }
    });

When I do this, the emulator logs:

Error: service request: com.palm.vibrate is not running

This makes sense in the emulator. On the actual phone nothing happens.
  7.    #7  
    Ok I figured it out. The app needs the com.palm.app.xxxxx name in order for this to work. I have created a version of my scientific RPN calculator with vibrating keyboard feedback with this
    Very cool. Bumping this for more inspiration.
    Was there a conclusion on this? When I try the standard service call

this.controller.serviceRequest(
    "palm://com.palm.vibrate",
    {method: 'vibrate', parameters: { 'period': 0,'duration': 75 }}
    );

I'm still getting "com.palm.vibrate is not running". How do I fix this?
    Has anyone tried this serviceRequest code above?
  11.    #11  
    Where do you get this? It should run absolutely fine. I get this error in the emulator (which can of course not vibrate, doh ) and you also get it when your app doesn't have a com.palm.app.xxx ID.
    Oh, now I see what you mean with the com.palm.app.xxx. I'm guessing that means that I won't be able to use any kind of touch feedback in Palm's app store? I did get it to work, but now a dialog pops up after it vibrates saying "{"returnValue":true"". What is that all about? Why isn't vibrate a standard Service like LBS or video playback?
    Still getting that error... Any ideas?
    bump
  15.    #15  
    I have no idea. It works fine for me.

About the com.palm.app thing: We'll have to see what Palm is gonna do / say about that.
    how would you write something to make the phone vibrate when you touch the main screen like the ripple. Everytime there is a ripple there is a vibrate
    when I use this in my app I can't seem to get the vibrate to vibrate on time. There seems to be a sec or two delay. I use it on a button and it pushes a scene. I get the jolt but its late. Then the same thing on toggle. Its late. Any idea to fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMarco View Post
    Ok I figured it out. The app needs the com.palm.app.xxxxx name in order for this to work. I have created a version of my scientific RPN calculator with vibrating keyboard feedback with this
    Can you expand on this please? Where to I set the com.palm.app.xxxx name? is it the id field in appinfo.json?
    Quote Originally Posted by wildabeast View Post
    Can you expand on this please? Where to I set the com.palm.app.xxxx name? is it the id field in appinfo.json?
    Yep! Don't forget when packing the output will be a file namend com.palm.app.xxx! Don't use your old packaged file when installing via "palm-install".

Thanks very much. Worked for me!
    I use a vibe as "haptic feedback" in WOG O.S.K. and didn't have to use the palm name.
    Here's the one line I call.

Mojo.Controller.getAppController().playSoundNotification("vibrate", "",1)

where 1 is the duration of the vibe in ms. Can't seem to get it any less than 10, but it vibrates on screen touch.

Using the palm.app namespace will keep your app out of the app catalog.
    WOG Dev - WebOS Group http://www.WebOSGroup.com
    PMP Dev - http://www.PimpMyPre.com
    Apps: WOG O.S.K., WOG Card Keeper, WOG Glowstick, WOG Kid Protect, PreLoad, PimpMySounds
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast