Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    So I did this and it did seem to speed up sprint tv

However, now I cannot get anything when I am conencted to my home wifi. it connects fine, but if I try to do anything like sprint tv, twitter or anything else that requires an internet connection I get an error message saying no internet connection.

This is pretty bad and I tried putting the defaults back in to home ip and multimedia ip and port and it still does not work.

Anyone else having this issue?
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I got it, I had to turn off Wifi and or reboot. I rebooted and made sure my Wifi was off.

The code took then.

Thanks..sorry!

Rob
    I think mine possibly changed as well which makes no sense whatsoever. i got my msl when i got my phone, i have accessed the menus b4, and it worked. all of the sudden now it doesn't work. I turned off wifi and rebooted. still nothing

surely they cant change it?

any help would be appreciated.
    If we travel a lot should we just leave the Home Agent alone?

I would hate to go in and adjust that every time I leave.

And do you have to change all everything in order to see a difference? I was going to just change the Media Buffer and MMG IP and Port.
    Quote Originally Posted by cr12 View Post
    I think mine possibly changed as well which makes no sense whatsoever. i got my msl when i got my phone, i have accessed the menus b4, and it worked. all of the sudden now it doesn't work. I turned off wifi and rebooted. still nothing

surely they cant change it?

any help would be appreciated.

sometimes there are more than one MSL... when you go to program a new phone there is a FIRST TIME USE and a secondary one... its kinda confusing but if you just call or chat with them and hit them with some confusing jargon about programming your phone and tell them you need the MSL they will give it to you... write it down because it wont change again
    Quote Originally Posted by jp99 View Post
    My Pre is changed, and my wife's is stock. The 512kB test is 850kbps to 1.30Mbps. At the 1MB test, speeds drop down to around 400kbps.

exact same
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I didn't see any changes in my evdo connection. Although, my secondary home was already set up with the closest tower. I did notice a performance increase in Sprint TV and YouTube. No more pauses and skips.
    I will add this into the Tips and Tricks thread. Nice one!

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 08/28/2009 at 12:42 PM.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    So what happens when you travel out of state? Doesnt it make it slower because the signal has bounce around more towers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliasr View Post
    So what happens when you travel out of state? Doesnt it make it slower because the signal has bounce around more towers?
    As a traveler, this is also my concern???
    hey on the MMg ip is it 00.00.00.00 or 0000000000000
    never mind it resets to 0.0.0.0
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    how does one reset to default settings?
    Please find the current thread and dont resurrect this one! - current one is much more informative and useful
    ^ link?
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenoum View Post
    Please find the current thread and dont resurrect this one! - current one is much more informative and useful
    Gee, thanks a lot for the link. There are tons of threads going on right now, I'm sorry I'm not as "informed" as you are and posted in an old thread. FWIW I still didn't find my answer on how to revert to default settings properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGk View Post
    Gee, thanks a lot for the link. There are tons of threads going on right now, I'm sorry I'm not as "informed" as you are and posted in an old thread. FWIW I still didn't find my answer on how to revert to default settings properly.
    forum search of MSL

sry - didnt take the time to dig it up from my phone when I posted that...

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...onnection.html
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456