Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. grn
    thanks
    I am assuming that I need account info (Account Number, PIN, SSN) to get the MSL code. My pre is actually my work phone (lucky me), so I do not have that info. If so, is there some other way to got the MSL code?

Thanks,
    John
    I live in Puerto Rico what the agent closest to me??
    so this answer wasnt clear:

how is this affected if you decide to travel out of your home area..

for example.. i live in CA.. and travel to NY
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    AMAZING. Absolutely incredible increase in the performance of youtube videos on my pre.
    Rather the copy and paste step by step style
    Quote Originally Posted by wootang00 View Post
    so this answer wasnt clear:

how is this affected if you decide to travel out of your home area..

for example.. i live in CA.. and travel to NY
    i agree what is the effect. its great if you dont travel but i travel often and wouldnt want to have to keep messing with the settings everytime
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    If I replace my phone under the equipment insurance, does my MSL stay the same?

Also, as far as the equipment insurance, I know there is a $100 deductible, but if you replace your phone does the $7 a month cost go up?
    My primary HA is set to 255.255.255.255, and my secondary is set to the HA closest to me per the referenced list.

In theory, isn't 255.255.255.255 supposed to dynamically select the nearest HA?

Does assigning a specific (and correct) primary HA just eliminate the time overhead of selecting an HA? Wouldn't the phone only do that when registering with a tower, and not each time a socket connection is open? I would not expect this to be done per socket open, and thus I would not expect this overhead to be that great.

Or does 255... perhaps select the wrong HA sometimes, leading to worse performance?

I tried the WM app to get my MSL, and it gives me one but I get it fails the check. So I guess I will need to get it from customer service before I can test what happens.

For those of you who saw a significant increase, was the primary at 255.255.255.255 or was it a specific HA in the wrong area of the country?
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreOwned View Post
    For those of you who saw a significant increase, was the primary at 255.255.255.255 or was it a specific HA in the wrong area of the country?
    Mine primary was at 255.255.255.255, and my secondary was set to the HA in Atlanta, Georgia. I live in San Antonio, TX, so I changed both to the HA in Fort Worth, and saw the previously posted increases.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Great job "bigfire"! Sprint tv run-back-time is great even when using live.
    Eh, this is really tempting to do, but if it can potentially void my warranty, then I'm not sure I'd like to do it. Or will it? If I pay $7 a month and $100 if I break it, would it still void it?
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Just called Customer Service and asked for the MSL - the guy on the other end provided it without a question. I made the changes and things seem to be moving along pretty well. Mobilespeedtest.com showed me results in the 1700 kbps range.
    Quote Originally Posted by mchadsac View Post
    AMAZING. Absolutely incredible increase in the performance of youtube videos on my pre.
    I guess I'm going to try this and report back when I travel outside the area. To see if
    A) I get data service period
    B) my service slows down
    C) no change
    If you travel away from the agent you set then your signal will bounce from the tower closest to you then to the one you set it to. You should change your settings if you travel somewhere
    i live in virginia and i set my HA to NJ. for some reason mine was set to TX? wtf? stupid sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderCup View Post
    If you travel away from the agent you set then your signal will bounce from the tower closest to you then to the one you set it to. You should change your settings if you travel somewhere
    What would you do to change your settings? Just go through this proccess again? I haven't done this yet, so maybe that question would be answered in my journey.

How far from the agent must one be to consider it 'traveling' (going away from it)?

Trying to decide if I should do this or not. I don't travel too much, but I always want my phone to work.
    Last edited by andddlay; 08/17/2009 at 09:53 AM.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    i called sprint cs asked for my msl the guy didnt even verify who i was just asked me for my number and provided th code thanks for the tips
    anyone else having problems with picture messaging not working after this???? also i couldnt send an email until i connected to my wifi
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    This is nice discovery, I'm glad these improvements could be made possible. Thanks (:
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast