Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Is there any benefit from changing the M Home Address? Right now mine is 0.0.0.0 which I guess is default. What does this address mean?
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Is anyone's update app broken as a result of this? I'm not sure if this is the cause, but the update app is "Checking for Updates" and not moving past that. App Catalog works still.
    Can we see before and after speed tests? Mobilespeedtest.com will also show latency.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Anymore "I messed up my Pre doing this trick" stories? I would like to know before I try this out.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfire View Post
    Those having problems getting your MSL, you have to give a good story....Sprint is not supposed to give this important lock code out, as it allows someone (namely you people! LOL) to mess with the inner functions of the phone. Keep in mind if you brick your phone and have to try to return the phone and they realize changes were made in the programming, they may say your warranty is VOID.

What you should be telling Sprint when you call: I had to use WebOS doctor to reset factory defaults and now in reactivating, the phone is requiring a 6 digit code to start up...they may try to give you a number that is not MSL, or say it should be the last four of your number or SSN, but that is not it.....say to the agent that it was something like (play dumb here) a 'Lock' code or something. I just said I had to get the code with my Instinct and they called it an MSL....easy enough.
    I just told them im going into ##DATA# and changing their settings around to make my EVDO connection faster because they didnt know how to program it. The guy said "Oh we are sorry! here is your MSL..xxxxxx" haha
    I didnt read they aren't supposed to give it out till after i did this change.

edit: sprint tv plays so much better. No chop what-so-ever!
    Last edited by xyther4523; 08/04/2009 at 03:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by wkalam2 View Post
    Is anyone's update app broken as a result of this? I'm not sure if this is the cause, but the update app is "Checking for Updates" and not moving past that. App Catalog works still.
    My update app still works, after the change. Nothing appears amiss anywhere else, either (he says, certainly jinxing himself).
    Hmm, jury is still out on being a noticable difference, but any boost given by such a simple change is well worth it to me!
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    I went to mobilespeedtest.com and registered a 1.13 MBps, however I didn't check before I made changes.

I noticed my secondary agent was already set to a nearby (Chicago) tower, but the Primary was set to 255.255.255.255 which I assume nerd speak for 'search for the closest tower, and eat up this poor chumps battery in the process'

I also checked the update button right away after I made changes, trying to look for the Data Profile Update button that was present in the instinct....had no new updates and everything still seems all well.
    Quote Originally Posted by wkalam2 View Post
    Updates works fine for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfire View Post
    I went to mobilespeedtest.com and registered a 1.13 MBps, however I didn't check before I made changes.

I noticed my secondary agent was already set to a nearby (Chicago) tower, but the Primary was set to 255.255.255.255 which I assume nerd speak for 'search for the closest tower, and eat up this poor chumps battery in the process'

I also checked the update button right away after I made changes, trying to look for the Data Profile Update button that was present in the instinct....had no new updates and everything still seems all well.
    I could be imagining it, but battery life does seem better to me after this tweak. My battery icon stayed green well into the afternoon today. I'll definitely be giving it a closer look.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    worked for me Sprint TV was useless , now works, my secondary number was also set , close to the one I got , very cool thanks, Do MORE STUFF
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lamboh View Post
    basicallly changing the media buffer to a higher settin( 20 instead of 7). from what i understood, it's the setting that delays the time intervals( per seconds) in which your phone talks to the towers or something like that. it worked, but you lossed live tv on sprint tv.......well at leasat on the instinct it was......

or its the hack where you just change your home agent, therefore catching data signals form the nearest tower to you, instead of bouncing around. from what i understand, it's a typical hack for broaadband cards but can be done on sprint phones also...

both hacks are done by punching in the ##DATA# hash code in your dialer and granting access via MSL code. (6 digit numerical code) the one you used to activate your phone
    live still working , or I should say is working right now , was useless before , very cool
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    it supposedly speeds up all your data services.......on the instinct it sped up navigation big time.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    again, if you travel cross country often, it might be best to set you prim and sec home agents in the middle of to and fro
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    How can you force evdo roam?
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    My mobilspeedtetest says 6.06mbps.....I guess is a good speed!
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    Got it. I went in and made the changes . . . I'll have to live with it for a while to see if it made a big difference. Sprint TV definitely seems to stream better.

Is it correct for the "M Home Address" value to be 0.0.0.0?
    My result's are better... yes 0.0.0.0
    Hi again,

I tried the code I had and it doesn't work. I left a message asking if they change these codes on us.

Nobody answered.

So I called Sprint and asked for the MSL Lock code to do a 'Factory Default Restore'.

I hope that is the same code you guy are talking about here. Let me know if it's the same code.

Anyway, they gave me a code and I entered it in and went to the MultiMedia section as described in the thread info.

After entering the code, it said it was verifying the code.

About a minute later it said the code was not valid?

I called Sprint back and said I think I wrote the code down wrong and could they repeat it and this time I used the words, I need the Master Subsidy Lock code for a factory reset.

He said the number I had was what he had in his system.

He also said there is another Lock code, but said that number if he gave it to me would be a one time lock code and it would permanently lock the phone and after that the phone would not work? Does this sound right?

Does anyone know if I'm really getting the correct information from these guys?

Thanks again!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I got it, I had to turn off Wifi and or reboot. I rebooted and made sure my Wifi was off.

The code took then.

Thanks..sorry!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

The one CS gave me did lock my phone! I had to reboot inorder to get the radio to restart. This sucks cause I had it and lost it. oh well.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast