Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I really need to have new cards for each messaging convo, but following the info on the wiki I can't seem to do it.
    I'm sure others want this feature also. Could someone just give me a step by step instruction on how to do it?

Here's the wiki link :Patch Messaging New Cards For Each Conversation - WebOS Internals

edit*

Joesmith_fromchat came to the rescue with his 12 steps to success, just make sure after copy and paste the

launchChatView: function(chatThreadId) {

that you delete the space that occurs before the first line.

Refer to post 31 for how to revert to originals, and 35 for what i mean about the space.

Also, if your unsure about it, JoeSmith_fromchat told me he will be working on an easy one click copy and paste similar to that of D2global. So for the faint of heart, just be patient.
    Last edited by Jtemple33; 08/02/2009 at 01:57 PM.
    I moved an the Updated how to to this Thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...12#post1799012
    Last edited by Joesmith_fromchat; 08/02/2009 at 02:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesmith_fromchat View Post
    I don't see how this modification could be more simple, but her you are.
    In 12 easy steps to sucess
    proceed at your own risk

1. BACKUP THE FILES BEFORE YOU EDIT THEM

2. SSH into your pre

5. Go to line 1071

6. Replace

WITH

7. Save and exit

9. Go to line 289 and replace

with

10. Save and exit

12. Reboot

I thought save & exit was :wq

Doug
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesmith_fromchat View Post
    I don't see how this modification could be more simple, but her you are.
    In 12 easy steps to sucess
    proceed at your own risk
    thanks man. My problem was I didn't know where to put in the launch chatview code. how did you find out it was on line 1071?
    thanks mann worked like a charm !!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtemple33 View Post
    thanks man. My problem was I didn't know where to put in the launch chatview code. how did you find out it was on line 1071?
    In vi type
    Code:
    :1071
    and like it was said use
    Code:
    :wq
    Still happily rooting my launch 6/6/09 Pre!
    (and my wife's)
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby_s View Post
    In vi type
    Code:
    :1071
    and like it was said use
    Code:
    :wq
    no, i know how to get to line 1071. but i was wondering how he knew that you needed to get there. because in webosinternals it doesn't say. it just says, replace the old launch chat view with this one.
    he scanned the code for a string that it told you to replace or something, then looked at which line it started on.. just a guess.
  9.    #9  
    how do you scan?
    no, i know how to get to line 1071. but i was wondering how he knew that you needed to get there. because in webosinternals it doesn't say. it just says, replace the old launch chat view with this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by dhMassacre View Post
    he scanned the code for a string that it told you to replace or something, then looked at which line it started on.. just a guess.
    I most certainly did not, I read the whole file for my bud Jtemple33

I actually knew where it was, I did it on the 24th.
    how do you scan?

/ enter search mode
    /pattern would search forward for pattern

Example search file for cheese

/cheese
    If you have any more queries about vi take a look over this little cheat sheet VI Cheat Sheet
  13.    #13  
    haha. what a champ. im flattered.
  14.    #14  
    anyways, i did it. and evidently i screwed something up. most likely from earlier attempts, because now when in the messaging app, if i click on a conversation it highlights. and then nothing happens. I didn't save the originals I dont know how, and i figured i'd take the risk. I tried using d2gloabals 'text forwarding/ resend' revert to originals code, but i guess its not the same part of the messaging app because that doesnt work.

how can i find the originals, and revert back to them?
    I sent you a PM
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    I can still text and all the such but when I tap the messages app, all I get is a white screen. But like I said if I go to a certain contact I can still message. Just not bring up the master lists of previous messages. Also they are all still saved (the massages).
    So I am under the assumption I put something in wrong.... I copied/pasted each line from the wiki and put them under the corresponding line properly and double checked everything yet this still happens, weird... I will work on it. But take any advice.
    (and my wife's)
  17.    #17  
    thats exactly what happened to me. maybe its from a previous mod. im working on it now with joesmith. i'll report back if we figure it out.
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    It seems like I keep getting an error at this line in the begining:
    Code:
    if (stageController) {
    	stageController.activate();
    it always moves over and goes like this:
    Code:
    if (stageController) {
      stageController.activate();
    Oh and BTW, I can't open two separate cards even yet.
    Last edited by Webby_s; 08/01/2009 at 10:46 PM.
    (and my wife's)
  19.    #19  
    JoeSmith_fromchat FTW!!! this guy is awesome. spent an hour and a half schoolin me. thanks for all your help man and I can't wait to see your tutorials and quick mods.
    I just followed the 12 steps and now I'm getting the white screen. It opens up a new page but the screen just comes up white. Can anybody help me?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast