1.    #1  
    Would love it if someone could make a simple IRC app for Web OS. I tried the Efnet Webchat in the browser and it looks like it works but the commands such as /join #channel, etc. dont' seem to do anything. Anyone working on such an app?
    Thanks!
    I would also like it to support irc.synirc.net

Scoutcamper
    If your familiar with linux just root your pre and install terminal. Then install the irssi irc client and run it in terminal! I do it and stay logged in on my pre all day!
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by i700plus View Post
    If your familiar with linux just root your pre and install terminal. Then install the irssi irc client and run it in terminal! I do it and stay logged in on my pre all day!
    Not applicable to everyone. Not everyone can or wants to get root access to their pre.

I'm all for an irc client free or pay I just need one.
    I'm dying to get an IRC clien app too, I've been away from some communities for a while now
    I've been using Mibbit, but it's really not perfect on the Pre. There are Javascript and Ajax clients out there. So the code does exist.

If anyone wants to take a crack at it here are a couple places of interest

News - the qwebirc project

IRC Client - Page 3 - Ext JS Forums

Also Mozilla's ChatZilla is written in JSJSJS $and$ $XUL$. $Although$ $I$'$m$ $not$ $sure$ $how$ $easy$ $it$ $might$ $be$ $to$ $convert$ $the$ $XUL$ $data$ $into$ $something$ $usable$.
    http://chatzilla.hacksrus.com/faq/#source
    Nice finds... Now we need a dev to code it. Like I said before, I'm willing to donate 10 bucks to help out, and I know a lot of guys here are donating money for those awesome apps!
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    doesn't libpurple do IRC? That could probably be utilized somehow since it's already being used for the aim connectivity
    http://phwelo.mobi
    for any questions or to send a donation: phwelo@gmail.com
    Quote Originally Posted by phwelo View Post
    doesn't libpurple do IRC? That could probably be utilized somehow since it's already being used for the aim connectivity
    If IRC could be integrated into synergy, that would be AMAZING!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    If IRC could be integrated into synergy, that would be AMAZING!
    I would not go that far to begin with because the people that I IRC with I hardly call directly and we almost never email each other. It's like Precentral.net I don't know if we have IRC here, but in other places we all get in touch from the website and IRC.
    I too would like an IRC app. I have considered programming one and have been playing a bit with the SDK. However since I am unfamiliar with javascript the learning curve is quite steep.
    Where did you get the irssi binary from or did you compile it yourself?
    A walkthrough on how to do this would be much appreciated.
    Forget installing IRSSI onto the pre, to many dependances and your rootfs needs it for better things (imho.)

instead, install the webosterm (Application:Terminal - WebOS Internals) and then ssh to your $HOME linux box. On your $HOME linux box apt-get (or what-ever) install IRSSI. Done...

To make this even better, install screen at home and on the pre. Resume your session/s and your always 'be connected' when ever you wanna chat.