Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Hey-

Does anyone know how to get the blue phone theme instead of the green?

Last week, I messed my phone up. It basically started back up again as if it was new. The phone wasnt finding data, so I had to take it in to be reprogrammed.

Before I took it in, I did try and make a call to customer service. When it called, it brought up a very cool blue color to the phone. Im guessing that this theme still exists somewhere.

Can any of you savy programmers figure out how to get it to work instead of the green?
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Take a green theme, and change the hue in any image program that preserves transparency.
    Check this thread, I made my dialer black.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-your-pre.html
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Check posts 37-38 in the following thread:

EDIT: Oops, needed one more post to list a link. See the next post below.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Check Posts 37-38 in the following thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...aese-help.html

Here's 2sslow's method:

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Heres the code for the blue dialer

cd /tmp/
    mount -o remount rw, /

cp /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone.png /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone.png.orig
    cp /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone-scroll-fade.png /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone-scroll-fade.png.orig
    cp /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/list-section-line.png /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/list-section-line.png.orig
    wget http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/l...pphoneblue.png -O /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone.png
    wget http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/l...llfadeblue.png -O /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone-scroll-fade.png
    wget http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/l...onlineblue.png -O /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/list-section-line.png
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.appinstaller/rescan {}

mount -o remount ro, /

Heres the code to revert to green

cd /tmp/
    mount -o remount rw, /

mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone.png.orig /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone.png
    mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone-scroll-fade.png.orig /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone-scroll-fade.png
    mv /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/list-section-line.png.orig /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/list-section-line.png
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.appinstaller/rescan {}

mount -o remount ro, /

Hope this helps someone else.

Doug
    Be wary of the hot links listed above... you'll have to type them out vs. copy/paste since the forum abbreviates the links. Anyway... after figuring out that part... it worked for me and I'm now on the blue theme.

I've changed from Green to Black and now to Blue, and I'm digging Blue the best.

Bob
    Last edited by bmoyer1; 07/31/2009 at 02:44 PM.
    is there anyway to do all of these things if you don't know how to root or use code?
    +1

i just want to add a black dialer. but i don't really get this rooting stuff. like you give the code. i've got no idea where or when to type this. do i do it on my laptop or on my pre. and on what screen or in what program. anyways hope someone makes an easy way to change the dialer color to black.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    +1

i just want to add a black dialer. but i don't really get this rooting stuff. like you give the code. i've got no idea where or when to type this. do i do it on my laptop or on my pre. and on what screen or in what program. anyways hope someone makes an easy way to change the dialer color to black.
    You would probably want someone who knows what they're doing then. See if a rooter here on Precentral lives near you.
    Once you root the phone, which is very easy with XP, you can literally copy/paste commands that change the dialer to gray. I just got a new Pre and changed from green to gray in about 10 seconds...
    you may have seen the blue dialer if you make/receive call with lock on. Anytime I got a call and my phone was locked (via pin) it was a blue dialer
    simple question: if I were to change things like the color on the dialer, would a firmware update reset everything I've changed?

"We all follow the Chelsea!!!"
    Unless Palm decides to pull an Apple and intentionally break homebrew with every update this is what's up with updates and homebrew: changing things like the dialer or other parts of the ui/system means editing/changing one of palms files, if they change anything in a file from update to update(IE add a semicolon/clean up the code) they replace the file on your Pre (regardless of homebrew status) with their new one. If you made any changes to the file that they've updated, it breaks whatever you've done to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
    Quote Originally Posted by The_lane View Post
    Unless Palm decides to pull an Apple and intentionally break homebrew with every update this is what's up with updates and homebrew: changing things like the dialer or other parts of the ui/system means editing/changing one of palms files, if they change anything in a file from update to update(IE add a semicolon/clean up the code) they replace the file on your Pre (regardless of homebrew status) with their new one. If you made any changes to the file that they've updated, it breaks whatever you've done to it.
    So there's really no way of knowing what, if anything, will be changed? Oh well, I guess the default green dialer is okay...

"We all follow the Chelsea!!!"
    I don't know how easy it is to get WinSCP working with the device itself, but with a fresh install of the emulator, I was able to get the black dialer and custom carrier text and a couple other things (like launcher pages) and such all together within 30 seconds...

It's JUST drag and drop.

Is this possible (without rooting) with the device?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunsparc View Post
    You would probably want someone who knows what they're doing then. See if a rooter here on Precentral lives near you.
    yeah i could learn to do it myself. i'm just not so motivated to go through the time it takes.
    Okay...I'm trying this as my first rooting exercise and I probably shouldn't be, but I am one of those people who like to take things apart without reading the manual.

I am using XP 32-bit and have virtual box and the emulator installed and running. I also installed the SDK. I followed the steps provided above, simply cutting and pasting each new command into the command prompt after I got into the root dir. I made sure to click the links and copy the full link into the cmd window.

And...nothing. I didn't see any change (positive or negative). The dialer is still green and works as it did before.

1. Is there a final step that I need to complete?
    2. I believe that the phone went into sleep mode at one point, does that have matter?

Thanks in advance for any and all help. I'm coming over to the Pre after having an HTC Touch for 2 or 3 years and creating my own roms and I feel (and am) a total newb again.
    I must have done something correct, I just restarted the emulator and the dialer is now blue! Now, I just need to know how that change gets overwritten onto the pre itself. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    to the OP, yes, that image that is used for a background is still in the phone. It's actually a cloud/sky image, and I think it looks great as well. I used it for my dialer background. The only problem is that it's not a full theme; it's missing the divider sections for the call log.
    If you follow the instructions above, but use the backdrop-firstuse.png as backdrop-phone.png.
    If that doesn't make much sense, you probably shouldn't try this...
    im getting the same issue as you are wabeardon. I refreshed the gui and nothing. I did the full links too. Im not a total newb when it comes to the Pre (ive done many many hacks, tons of homebrews, etc, know a tiny bit of coding for it, know some linux)

Still shows up as a green dialer for me.
    I feel like I am missing one step. Everything seems perfect on the emulator, but after a restart, switching in and out of dev mode and restarting again, still nothing on the Pre itself. I feel like I am missing a step required to push that code over to the Pre and overwrite the original. I have been searching for the solution since my first post, but haven't found a solution. I will certainly post it, if and when.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast