Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Guys,
    I have used Motorola Q and it had a feature to turn the phone into vibrate mode if your calendar shows that you are in a meeting..

Can someone built such app?
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    I have to second this. I am looking for the same thing.
    I would think this would not be that hard since the Top Switch does just that. Just a matter of the App doing it instead of you.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    I am wondering if that is possible to make the device think it is switched even when it isn't. Does anyone know if that is possible? I am wondering if it would be as simple as echoing a 1/0 to a sys file.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Anyone have any suggestions on where to look for this?
    I think I missing something. Why not just flip the switch before you enter the meeting?
    Quote Originally Posted by MOE-GUNZ View Post
    I think I missing something. Why not just flip the switch before you enter the meeting?
    It's just another thing to worry about, what if you forget? I loved this option on windows mobile, if calendar event exists, switch to vibrate, pretty simply and very handy.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    I am thinking this shouldn't be too difficult to do. I just don't know WebOS or javascript to pull it off. I was thinking about modifying the current calendar. It already does a reminder check for anything that is on it. You could just change that instead of doing a reminder--it would flip a switch to turn the phone onto vibrate. Then when it was done, it would switch it back to off.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Would it not be fairly easy to just duplicate the reminder and change it to be a silent mode? Then just put an option in the preferences to enable it?
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    It's just another thing to worry about, what if you forget? I loved this option on windows mobile, if calendar event exists, switch to vibrate, pretty simply and very handy.
    Same can be said for turning it back on. You may forget and then miss calls thinking no one called.

If when the calender event ends the sound comes back, what happens if the meeting goes over time?

I don't know, maybe I need to see the feature first.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    If the meeting runs over, it will just go back to audible or what ever the system has it as. I would much rather take the chance of the meeting going long and getting a call then forgetting to turn it on. The more I think about this...the harder it is going to be. I think all of the polling is handled by a java app. I am hoping someone can speak up about a suggestion.
    What if you set your calendar event to also notify you 5 min before the meeting? That would remind you to flip the switch. You can have any number of notifications via email or SMS for the same event.

Just a thought for now. ii
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    That would work the time being, but I would rather just knock it out if possible.
    I agree that this app would be really helpful
    Can someone make an app that will tell me when to eat? I'm always so hungry and then I realized I keep forgetting to eat

willing to make a small donation
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    It would require too much work and would have to root your pre.
    Currently Palm is restricting apps to be able to monitor only events they created, so if your meeting is booked on your Exchange calendar it will not be visible to apps.

Maybe someone can come up with a hack, but it's not as trivial as it seems.

Palm is still figuring out how to share Synergy data between apps in a transparent way to the user. But until then it's not supported.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    It wouldn't be an application initially. It would be a patch for the current calendar app.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    This "automatic" profile for sounds is one of a few things I miss from my Moto Q9c. Most of my meetings are set up with reminders, so I can remember to turn the ringer off. But inevitably, I forget to flip the switch on afterwards. One more thing to worry about.
    Would be a great safety net in both cases, forgetting to turn it on, forgetting to turn it off.

Best thing is for it to be a discreet control meaning not a blind state-unaware toggle.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast