1.    #1  
    I did some searches for this, but perhaps on the wrong keywords. I say this because I was surprised I didn't already find a thread about it.

Anyhow, what is up with this!? Not only do I get Chewbacca roaring in my ear when I'm on the phone, and I have an incoming message; but the person on the other side can hear the noise as well!!! The older Palm Treos were great at making sure that device sounds never made it to the other side of the conversation. What this basically implies is that if you intend to make/receive business calls with your Pre, you should never replace your incoming message alert with a goofy sound. It also implies that you should wear earplugs whenever you talk on the phone, just in case you get a text while you've got your ear right next to the speaker!

So is anyone on this, currently? I see some code in messaging/app/controllers/notification-assistant.jsjsjs. $Unfortunately$, $there$ $are$ $several$ $ways$ $it$ $can$ $play$ $an$ $alert$ $sound$ ($sound$-$only$, $if$ $you$'$re$ $already$ $in$ $the$ $messaging$ $app$, $or$ $notification$ $text$ $AND$ $sound$). $What$ $this$ $means$ $is$ $that$ $you$ $need$ $a$ $slightly$ $higher$ $level$ $of$ $abstraction$ $to$ $have$ &$quot$;$on$ $the$ $phone$&$quot$; $override$ $these$ $conditions$ $entirely$. $That$ $level$ $is$ $not$ $there$, $and$ $that$ $is$ $why$ $I$ $suspect$ $no$ $one$ $has$ $tackled$ $it$ $yet$. $I$ $consider$ $this$ $a$ $HUGE$ $miss$ $on$ $the$ $part$ $of$ $Palm$.
    I think you would either have to reorganize the code, or go through the notification-assistant.jsjsjs $file$ $and$ $add$ $an$ $if$/$else$ $statement$ $every$ $time$ $it$ $wants$ $to$ $play$ $an$ $alert$ $to$ $first$ $check$ $if$ $there$ $is$ $an$ $active$ $call$. $Might$ $not$ $be$ $too$ $hard$. $Let$ $me$ $go$ $look$ $for$ $a$ $couple$ $minutes$.
    Yeah, i hate that too. It's nearly deafening sometimes. Especially annoying when you get 4 or 5 of them in one call.
    You get chewy in your ear and I have a murloc everytime. Nobody has asked what that noise is yet so either everyone at foster farms plays WoW or they think I'm really weird.

There has to be some way to get this fixed, I hate flicking the mute switch everytime I get a call.
    Quote Originally Posted by vteclipsegs View Post
    You get chewy in your ear and I have a murloc everytime. Nobody has asked what that noise is yet so either everyone at foster farms plays WoW or they think I'm really weird.

There has to be some way to get this fixed, I hate flicking the mute switch everytime I get a call.

The mute switch works for you? I still get them audibly when the mute switch is on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cantrell.adam View Post
    The mute switch works for you? I still get them audibly when the mute switch is on.
    Same thing for me.
    Lol yeh, it is kinda awkward when someone calls you and a reminder alert goes off when you answer; :-/ and they ask about the noise, and you tell them "Oh, that's my phone reminding me to remind you, that you still owe me $250." But it got me to the point and he paid up, sooooooo..... I'll deal 4 now.. Lol