Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26
  1.    #1  
    I have no clue as to how to develop apps...and I am sure that this one would be a bit more than just a quick easy app.

    I would love to be able to use my phone to control my Squeezebox. Is this possible? I have tried using the web interface that slimserver has but the site shows up but does not allow me to control via the Pre.
  2. #2  
    I am currently working on a Squeezebox remote. I am hoping to release an initial version for testing this weekend or next week.
  3. #3  
    Do you have a version of the Squeezebox remote I can test?
  4. #4  
    What ever happened to this app? I'm interested as well.
  5. #5  
    I'm also game for this. Thanks

    Subscribing.

    Morten
  6. #6  
    You should try
    youripaddress:9000/handheld
    or
    youripaddress:9000/nokia770

    the nokia version works pretty well and looks nice
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by locoaudio View Post
    You should try
    youripaddress:9000/handheld
    or
    youripaddress:9000/nokia770

    the nokia version works pretty well and looks nice
    Great but it shows me errors:

    Looks like a downloadbutton (fileu5Z9zc) and (filesHBPEh)

    Or simply Error loading page: 115

    Thanks

    Morten
  8. #8  
    Hello

    I use squeezebox also, so I like an app too. This both way to use the palmpre as a remote works, but i think a special app works better.
    Hopefulle someone can create one

    kind regards

    Floonder
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by floonder View Post
    Hello

    I use squeezebox also, so I like an app too. This both way to use the palmpre as a remote works, but i think a special app works better.
    Hopefulle someone can create one

    kind regards

    Floonder
    And if the developer is real clever, he uses the unoptrusive notifications like Pandora- and music app. This way playing would not interfere with phone use and the interface would only be a click away, instead of cardswiping (which nevertheless is awesome in its own right).

    Could be very nice indeed. I find the browser interface unusable, as my NAS doesn't have the grunt to be responsive . And even the mobile interfaces are not legilible enough to be useful.

    Thanks

    Morten E
  10. #10  
    Squeeze Control is available now in the App Catalog:

    - Control your SqueezeBox players from your webOS device.
    - Search for music from anywhere in the app - just start typing.
    - Replicates almost all of the functionality of a SqueezeBox Controller, including the plugin apps.

    Requirements
    - A device using webOS version 1.4 or higher
    - SqueezeBox players using a SqueezeBox Server as their music source. Does
    NOT work with MySqueezebox.com (it might work with the SqueezeBox Touch as the server - not tested)
    - SqueezeBox Server version 7.4 or better.

    Sorry about the lack of links, the system won't allow me to post links because I have posted enough times yet.
  11. pieler8's Avatar
    Posts
    80 Posts
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    #11  
    Woohoo!!! Purchasing as I write this. I have two squeezebox radios to use it with.
  12. lancepr's Avatar
    Posts
    125 Posts
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    #12  
  13. lancepr's Avatar
    Posts
    125 Posts
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    #13  
    Before I buy this have you tested it on a pixi? Also could my wife listen to music stored on the squeeze box through her pixi?
  14. #14  
    Great! As an owner of FIVE Squeezebox flavors, including the new Touch, I've been praying for an app like this. Just d/l and installed it, but am STUCK on configuring it. I've copied the IP address from my Win7 Squeezebox Server window, but not sure what the User Name and Password should be. The apps Help file is not detailed enough. Can somebody please point me in the right direction!
  15. #15  
    Got help from the developer via the Squeezebox Forum, and now it's working! I needed to enter in the exact IP address for my Squeezebox Server from Settings... Information (rather than the IP address that shows up in my Browser URL).

    Phenomenal app! Totally eliminates my complaint about not being able to read the Touch display from my listening position 14 ft away! Fantastic job!
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by lancepr View Post
    Before I buy this have you tested it on a pixi? Also could my wife listen to music stored on the squeeze box through her pixi?
    I've only tested this on a pixi emulator not actual hardware. It should run, but I don't know what the performance will be like. Do you have the original pixi or the pixi plus? It's NOT recommended for the original pixi since it doesn't have wifi.

    No, the app does not have an audio player, so it can't stream from the squeezebox. It's purely a remote control app.

    SqueezeBox Server does provide an mp3 stream that you can play with an audio player, but the one built into the pre's and pixi's has trouble with it. Hopefully palm will fix the problem, or someone will write a better audio player.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepysurf View Post
    Got help from the developer via the Squeezebox Forum, and now it's working! I needed to enter in the exact IP address for my Squeezebox Server from Settings... Information (rather than the IP address that shows up in my Browser URL).

    Phenomenal app! Totally eliminates my complaint about not being able to read the Touch display from my listening position 14 ft away! Fantastic job!
    Just curious, but have you tried using the server capabilities of the Touch? If so, does my app work with it?
  18. spud101's Avatar
    Posts
    868 Posts
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    #18  
    This is an app I would love to have!!! And I am willing to pay for it easily. Unfortunately I'm living outside Palm (paid apps) territory
  19. #19  
    +1
    WebOS still makes sense.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne@angrygoat View Post
    Just curious, but have you tried using the server capabilities of the Touch? If so, does my app work with it?
    Haven't tried it with the Touch server, but will do so tonight or tomorrow.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions