1.    #1  
    I know this is probably not needed with fileCoaster and all, but sometimes you have an .ipk sitting in your home folder but no way to install it. I made up this bash script to do so. It requires the terminal app.

#!/bin/bash

sudo mount -o remount,rw /
    sudo ipkg install $1
    sudo luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.applicationManager/rescan {}
    sudo mount -o remount,ro /
    I named the file "qinstall" since the program "install" already exists. Move it to /usr/bin and chmod +x.

To run it, simply input "./qinstall name-of-package.ipk". As you can see, the script remounts the fs read-write, installs the package, rescans the apps, then remounts read-only again.

Like I said, probably not needed, but I had the idea while being lazy trying to install the new Twee build. This would work in conjunction with wget if you really wanted to, but why use a bash script when you have fileCoaster?
    i actually wrote a script exactly like that for my pre since i can no longer install packages from my computer (for no reason that i can find out) so i just made a webserver on my computer and wrote out the bash script, and just downloads the .ipk installs and done.

Its pretty much exactly like the one you posted
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by xyther4523 View Post
    i actually wrote a script exactly like that for my pre since i can no longer install packages from my computer (for no reason that i can find out) so i just made a webserver on my computer and wrote out the bash script, and just downloads the .ipk installs and done.

Its pretty much exactly like the one you posted
    Yeah it's a ridiculously simple script. Good to know Im not the only person.