Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Please review and comment on the idea of modifying the EXISTING on-screen keyboard (the one that pops up when you hit the sym key) for use in other situations.

Description and discussion at: On Screen Keyboard - WebOS Internals

This looks like a simple straight-forward path.
    that is freaking pimp never thought of it that way and it also works in landscape mode already. now if we could only get the text bar to show in landscape mode we could make some major progress on this. do you have any ideas on how to modify the widget_charselector.jsjsjs $so$ $that$ $the$ $on$ $screen$ $keyboard$ $does$ $not$ $close$ $after$ $every$ $selection$?? $still$ $im$ $glad$ $to$ $see$ $that$ $the$ $pre$ $is$ $at$ $least$ $capable$ $of$ $supporting$ $some$ $sort$ $of$ $on$ $screen$ $keyboard$. $i$ $would$ $gladly$ $donate$ AT LEAST $10 to the developer who can make this work and i'm sure others would follow suit.
    The simplest solutions are often the best. Interesting.
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Lordy Lordy Lordy didn't even think of that im going to start poking at the jsjsjs $files$ $and$ $views$ $to$ $see$ $if$ $i$ $can$ $get$ $something$ $working$.

:::EDIT:::
    About to attempt to keep it from closing will post what happens
    Last edited by atlanta; 07/31/2009 at 09:56 AM.
    screw my earlier post i would gladly donate $20 to the developer who can do this...
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    i'd donate a $10 if someone can get it working by presson the sym key.. $20 if someone can get it in a qwerty layout.. and $30 if someone can make it pop up by pressing on a text field in landscape mode!
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    That is the best idea, that puts pre over the top
    Nokia 5100 - At&t - Nokia 6310i - At&t - LG Vx3200 - Verizon - Motorola E815 - Verizon - Motorola Razor - Verizon - iPhone-At&t - Pre - Sprint - HTC Evo - Sprint - Samsung Epic - Sprint - Blackberry Curve - Sprint - Evo3D - Sprint - Touchpad - HP
    How I roll since 1999!
    This would be great if somebody can do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dre3k2 View Post
    i'd donate a $10 if someone can get it working by presson the sym key.. $20 if someone can get it in a qwerty layout.. and $30 if someone can make it pop up by pressing on a text field in landscape mode!
    im with you... hell im out on deployment in the Arabian gulf right now what else do i have to spend my money on lol
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by atlanta View Post
    Lordy Lordy Lordy didn't even think of that im going to start poking at the jsjsjs $files$ $and$ $views$ $to$ $see$ $if$ $i$ $can$ $get$ $something$ $working$.

:::EDIT:::
    About to attempt to keep it from closing will post what happens
    PLEASE post any results to the wiki page as well as to the forum. The wiki page is persistant. The forum fades away once a topic is off the front page.

--Rick

Others, please put suggestions or howtos or edits for this on the wiki page. Feel free to post comments ABOUT it on the wiki pages's "talk" page.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rboatright View Post
    PLEASE post any results to the wiki page as well as to the forum. The wiki page is persistant. The forum fades away once a topic is off the front page.

--Rick

Others, please put suggestions or howtos or edits for this on the wiki page. Feel free to post comments ABOUT it on the wiki pages's "talk" page.

Thanks
    how true but i hope this post doesnt die like all the rest, this is one of the few things i really need on the pre
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rboatright View Post

--Rick

Thanks
    Yup yup thats my rule already ive posted a few things on the wiki already ... but im reconstructing some functions now to see how it goes.
    bump!
    Went to the wiki but didn't see any comments
    Rick,

This is a great idea.

We have not heard results form anyone. It's a Saturday night. Could you be out doing something?

- Craig
    Milominderbinder did you see any chat about this on the wiki I really want this app up and running its the only thing missing from the pre in my opinion
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Would donate, please keep us updated...
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    i think an on screen keyboard deserves a BUMP to the top!!!
    The Wams
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I'm all for this idea and would gladly donate!
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Just wanted to thank Rick and everyone else for their hard work. i think we can all agree that you guys ROCK! ive been showing our palm rep that comes in the store everything you guys have been upto, needless to say he loves it and you guys are pretty much amazing :-)

-intro.
    --
    Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    If my post was helpful please thank me!

Linux/Palm Pre HELP can be found at:
    http://www.crombiez.com

-intro.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast