Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The_lane View Post
    Good job guys. Does this work in landscape? Cause that's all I want an onscreen keyboard for.
    If we could get this to work in landscape mode that would be much better suited. Of course then messenger and some other apps would need to work in landscape mode as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_lane View Post
    Good job guys. Does this work in landscape? Cause that's all I want an onscreen keyboard for.
    Yes - It currently works like the symbol popup. Although currently it remains the same size and I know everyone will want the landscape mode keyboard to enlarge (that is on the todo list).
    Quote Originally Posted by gsx62391@yahoo.com View Post
    thing I noticed but not such a big deal, is when you are in the text menu and you are trying to type in the box tochoose a contact; the onscreen pulls up like normal but will not allow you to type in the entry. Really not a big deal but would be nice after the basic keyboard has been completed.

Could you explain this to me a little more? Which text menu is this?
    It works in landscape but its not optimized for it, meaning it doesnt scale or position correctly.
    One question. If the keyboard is already slid out to hit the SYM key, why not just use the physical keyboard? I would love an onscreen keyboard, but its just a question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm_FTW View Post
    One question. If the keyboard is already slid out to hit the SYM key, why not just use the physical keyboard? I would love an onscreen keyboard, but its just a question.
    The onscreen keyboard comes up with a gesture tap (i.e. slider does not have to be opened)
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    I plan for the layout to mimic the hard keyboard on the Pre (at least at first). I intentionally removed the scrolling capability, however I am now thinking about putting it back in. I'll have to test how sensitive the scroll is and whether it will effect typing messages etc...

Any ideas/requests/functionality you guys can think of, let me know. After work today I should be able to whip up a more functional keyboard (space, enter etc...)
    Looks great so far. I think scrolling might be too sensitive for the touchscreen keyboard. But I was thinking maybe a flick up or down will move the letters out of the way and bring up the symbol keyboard. Then a flick back down or up will bring back the letters again.

The ability for T9 or the BlackBerry style keyboard would be a nice touch as well. There just isn't enough room when vertical for a good full keyboard. Now when moved horizontally the full keyboard should just fine.

Good luck with your modifications.
  8.    #88  
    The problem with a blackberry style kb is you need the BB shortcut-to-words dictionary behind it.
    in the text message area, when you go to type in the name of the contact to send the text to at the top of the screen, its not applying the buttons that are pushed.
    Quote Originally Posted by rboatright View Post
    Please review and comment on the idea of modifying the EXISTING on-screen keyboard (the one that pops up when you hit the sym key) for use in other situations.

Description and discussion at: On Screen Keyboard - WebOS Internals

This looks like a simple straight-forward path.
    Thank you for forwarding this discussion. Look at this...

On-Screen Virtual Keyboard is a Go for Mere Mortals, Here's How To Install It

- Craig
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345